close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Currancy Change

Thread began 8/01/2010 3:32 am by Jordan | Last modified 8/03/2010 11:59 am by Jordan | 1344 views | 4 replies |

Jordan

Currancy Change

Hello, I understand that the product is non refundable, so lets just put that out there first of all. I don't expect to get a refund for it.

However...

At the time of purchase I was unaware of the hassle that people have to change this. I would like to use this for a UK based project. At the time of purchase it was not made clear that this could not be done. For this reason, I vote that Webassist could at least release a UK version.

Instead of having an incomplete document and letting people try to change this for themselves, why does Webassist dot just have a few of these for the most used currencies in the world? Would this not be a better solution to what you have at this time? And would it not solve a lot of tension that your customers may feel towards your products?

You may need to be changing your policy at some point. There are talks at the moment to extend the consumer guarantee to cover all forms of software in the EU.

That would be another reason to have edited scripts for currency right there. Then you would not have to worry about this matter after the consumer guarantee has been extended.

Jordan.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

thank you for your feedback.

we are working tward simplifying the process of changing the currency in power store and hope to have something in place in the future.

Jordan

Yes I see that you guys have stated this in a past thread.

But since you are selling this script to people like me, do you not find it an obligation to assist your customers in this? I mean, for something that you can likely do rather quickly it seems a waste not to help. The term "in future" is far to vague to tell someone.

My money is as good as anyone's, so why can I not get the same value as others do? And that really goes for anyone from another country other than the countries that do use the $ symbol.

In fact, I actually have a solution for you. Why not just use a symbol that's not used in the script so its possible to do a search and replace?

Like instead of $ have ∆ or something. That surely would solve this issue for the time being. In fact I don't know why this hasn't already been done. Seems obvious to me, so why not you?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

we don't have a global way to change the currency. at this time, changing the currency must be done manually.

Most of the instances of the currency symbol are fairly easy to see if you look at the page in Dreamweavers design view.

If there is a specific page where you are having trouble identifying what needs to be changed, let us know and we will point you in the right direction.

Jordan

ok, so not even willing to look at a suggested solution I see.

I really love the plugins that I have purchased, but the way that this specific issue is being dealt with by you guys for your customers isn't really good at all.

My suggestion was actually a good one. No? Anyway... I think that I can change it of course but one of the reasons you have this script is for people who can't. That's one of your selling points, haha. No code.. and all that, etc.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...