close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Newbie Question

Thread began 8/01/2010 11:05 am by jakkimorgan303161 | Last modified 8/16/2010 10:09 am by Eric Mittman | 3079 views | 15 replies |

jakkimorgan303161

Newbie Question

I have recently purchased a copy of the contact Form Solution Pack and am not finding it as easy as I had hoped!

I am a newbie and want to incorporate the Pack into an ECommerce Template website.

I could not get it to work on my 'live site' and am therefore now trying a testing server.

I have followed the instructions but am currently getting the following error:

"Contact Us

Your name:
<input name="Contact_Name" type="text" class="inputValue" id="Contact_Name" onblur="if (document.getElementById('nameServerError')) document.getElementById('nameServerError').style.display='none'" value="
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ValidatedField() in C:\wamp\www\love_art_online\contactus.php on line 124"

Could someone let me know what might be wrong?

Many thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You will need to maintain all of the server side code that is on the page including the require once lines that include the necessary files. Along with this you also need to keep the js references intact on the page including the spry code that is toward the bottom of the page. What happens when you try to test the page out in it's default state unaltered?

jakkimorgan303161

Newbie Question

Thank you for your reply. I am not a coding expert so please accept my inexperience.

I reverted the WAGlobal.php to its original state by deleting the items betwee "" on lines 10 & 12. The same error as detailed in my earlier email occured.

I moved the contactus.php file back to the ContactForm_GMC file (from the root where I had moved it because I was getting a Not Found URL) and get a not found URL.

NB I did use the provided contactus.php file but added it to an Ecommerce Template to match the rest of my site. I now see that this has resulted in the provided contactus.php code truncating at:

<span id="securityServerError" class="textfieldServerError">Your answer was not correct.</span>
<?php //WAFV_Conditional contact.php contact(4:)
}
}
}?>
<br />
<input type="submit" value="Submit" class="inputButton"/>
</div>

The spry code you refer to is not there. i.e.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var sprytextfield1 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield1", "none", {validateOn:["blur"]});
var sprytextfield2 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield2", "email", {validateOn:["blur"]});
var sprytextarea1 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextarea("sprytextarea1", {validateOn:["blur"]});
var sprytextfield3 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield3", "none", {validateOn:["blur"], minChars:<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Characters; ?>, maxChars:<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Characters; ?>});
var sprytextfield4 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield4", "none", {validateOn:["blur"]});
//-->
</script>

Are you able to advise further?

Pending your response I will try the default contactus.php page.

Regards,

Jakki (UK)

jakkimorgan303161

Newbie Question

Have now tried the default contactus.php page (after moving it from ContactForm_GMC to the root) and the page appears. After putting data into the form and pressing submit I get a HTTP 404 Not Found error. I am using a testing server is this why?

Your further advice would be welcome.

Regards,

Jakki (UK)

Eric Mittman

The default page is supposed to take you to the thankyou.php page. You will need to have this page on your server in the same directory as the contactus.php page. If the page is trying to send you to the thankyou page then it is working as it should. You should start with this default file and attempt to make your updates here.

There is not a lot going on in these pages but if any part of the php code or js script is changed up it can make the page not work, so you will need to be careful in how you apply your updates making sure to save and test the page regularly to ensure that it is still working.

jakkimorgan303161

Newbie Question

Thank you -easy when you know how.
I am now getting the thank you page on submit but am not receiving any emails.
I have inserted the email address into $WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_To = but have put nothing between the quotes in $WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "" ;

Its probably something simple but I am stumped!

Many thanks.

Jakki (UK)

Eric Mittman

For the mail server setting you need to add in the url or ip address for you outgoing SMTP server. This server value should be available to you via your control panel in your hosting account, if not you may need to contact your host for this. Sometimes leaving it blank is correct and for other servers you need to have the specific SMTP server listed here.

jakkimorgan303161

Newbie Question

Hi,
Thank you for this. Before going 'live' I'd like to use my testing server could you advise what address I should use? I have tried leaving it blank, just using localhost and using localhost plus the file address all without success.
I am using wamp as the testing server.
Many thanks.
Regards,
Jakki (UK)

Eric Mittman

To test this out locally you will need to ensure that you have an SMTP server running locally. If you are on a Windows pc I have used the tool called Free SMTP Server, here is a link for it:

freesmtp.html

If you are on a Mac you may need to do some searching for an equivalent type of program. When the SMTP server is running you should be able to test the email by setting the value in the globals to localhost.

jakkimorgan303161

Newbie Question

Hi,
I still can't get this to work!
I've put it live - is there anyway someone could look at it?!
Regards,
Jakki

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...