close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Jquery inside a left column and SEO

Thread began 7/30/2010 5:24 pm by freiheit | Last modified 8/06/2010 3:58 pm by freiheit | 1172 views | 3 replies |

freiheit

Jquery inside a left column and SEO

Hello,
I created a page with CSS Sculptor which has the following order

header
topnavigation
rightcolumn
leftcolumn
content
footer

I placed a jquery accordion in the left colum , but i noticed that its panels have h3 tag, so when i used Webstards Advisor i had an alert that the h3 tag shouldnt be the 1st header tag in a page.

I tryed to move the content div 1 or 2 levels upper , so h1,h2 to be seen before h3 ,but the whole layout was damaged :(

Any suggestions?

Sign in to reply to this post

freiheit

Hmmm any suggestions?

CraigRBeta Tester

go back to your original layout, moving the div's around will not work.

a couple of points...

1. Although having h1 before h3 is advisable, (though even facebook and myspace have h2 lead with h2 tags) many other factors affect search engine rankings, such as title and content meta tags.

2. Why don't you try changing your jquery accordion css, so that the tags are h1 but are sizes as h3. the appearence will be the same, and it overcomes your problem.

freiheit

Originally Said By: CraigR
  go back to your original layout, moving the div's around will not work.

a couple of points...

1. Although having h1 before h3 is advisable, (though even facebook and myspace have h2 lead with h2 tags) many other factors affect search engine rankings, such as title and content meta tags.

2. Why don't you try changing your jquery accordion css, so that the tags are h1 but are sizes as h3. the appearence will be the same, and it overcomes your problem.  

That was really one of the 1st things that i tryed, but for some reason jquery accordion, (its header) is working only when its h3, in any other case the layout is messed up.Anyway is not a big deal search engines can see that the actual content div has normal headings with the right order :) Atleast google stated that.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...