close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Pasting PHP code within the HTML editor doesn't save

Thread began 7/30/2010 7:32 am by sandy170299 | Last modified 6/14/2013 1:34 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2235 views | 10 replies |

sandy170299

Pasting PHP code within the HTML editor doesn't save

My client needs to paste PHP code within the HTML editor by using the Source option on the HTML editor menu. However, when she saves it, it disappears. She has to do this because it's the only way she can get the PowerGallery to show up, right? Why would the HTML editor not "save" this code behind the scenes?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

See the Database Integration Update in the powergallery section of the download center.

you will need to use the Add to PowerStore code from the Add to site page.

sandy170299

Note: For this to work properly, you'll have to update a few PowerStore files. Refer to the Known Issues document in your PowerStore Download Center.

I did not purchase PowerStore, so I can't refer to any PowerStore documentation for any additional instructions. I have copied and pasted the code for the client into the HTML editor, but it is not displaying on the page. Can you please tell me what I need to do to get this to work?

Thank you!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the page that the PowerGallery should be showing on, edit the recordset output:

php:
<?php echo $row_RsName['ColumnName']; ?>

to:

php:
<?php require_once('wa_evaluate.php'); ?>

<?php 
echo wa_evaluate($row_RsName['ColumnName']; ?>

see the Updating your Files section of the readme for more details.

sandy170299

Jason, I don't think this is going to work because I want to embed the gallery in a page that I create using the HTML Editor, if that makes sense...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to create a page using html editor, you need to store the information in a database. Then create a recordset on your page to output the stored content that was created by HTML editor.

sandy170299

Actually, that part is all working. The pages are being created "on the fly" using the HTML editor and the information IS being stored in a database. The other pages are displaying just fine (any page content entered through the HTML editor). I just may not be able to use this method as there is an included header and footer file and the page content is changed dynamically, if that makes sense. I guess I'm still not sure why I can't just embed PHP code directly into the HTML editor by using the Source option...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the header or footer should not interfere with this.

PHP code cannot be stored in a database. when the server processes the page, it will not pass the php code in the recordset result through the PHP processor.the database integration update for power gallery allows the information stored in the database to be processed by the php processor.

sandy170299

Okay. That answers that then!

Jamie

Hi Jason

I am trying to add a tabbed panel which the client can update. That part is fine. The tabbed panel needs to be added through the HTML editor so need to do something along the lines of what Ouse described above, but not sure how to do the repeat sections? Also, where can I find the wa_evaluate.php file please?

This is the tabbed panel code I am working with:

<div class="TabbedPanels" id="TabbedPanels1">
<ul class="TabbedPanelsTabGroup">
<?php do { ?>
<li class="TabbedPanelsTab" tabindex="0"><?php echo $row_FramesTabTitle['Title']; ?></li>
<?php } while ($row_FramesTabTitle = mysql_fetch_assoc($FramesTabTitle)); ?>
</ul>
<div class="TabbedPanelsContentGroup">
<?php do { ?>
<div class="TabbedPanelsContent"><?php echo $row_FramesTabContent['Content']; ?></div>
<?php } while ($row_FramesTabContent = mysql_fetch_assoc($FramesTabContent)); ?>
</div>
</div>

Many thanks

Jamie

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...