close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

trigger Recordset: Specials is not empty

Thread began 7/28/2010 2:12 pm by randyw2394710 | Last modified 7/30/2010 3:12 pm by Eric Mittman | 1512 views | 7 replies |

randyw2394710

trigger Recordset: Specials is not empty

i have installed power cms2. I have added a section for specials. What I would like to do is, when the specials is updated, send a email to all the people in a data base table.

I have been able to send an email from the update page, but it also sends an email when other pages are updated.

I tride using the trigger function, Recordset: Specials is not empty, created a record from

Recordset: Specials
pcms2_contens

all

then i filtered using contengroup = form variable specials nothing happend.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If you are able to update the specials without issue then you should have UE applied to this page and have it trigger on the same trigger as the update. This way whenever the update occurs so will the emails.

randyw2394710

i only want the email to be sent when the specials are updated not all of the pages

Eric Mittman

How do you update the specials? Normally updates occur on a single page with an update server behavior. If you were to add in Universal Email to this page that has the update server behavior on it and set it to the same trigger it should only send emails when this update occurs. Have you tried it this way? If so what is the result that you are getting. If you have any other troubles with this please post back with the update page in question.

randyw2394710

i have added the specials just like any other page in the cms
i would like to be able to send an email when just the specials are update not home about etc.

Eric Mittman

Thanks for clarifying this, to make the UE server behavior only occur when the content of your new specials page is updated via the contents_update page you will need to modify the trigger for the UE server behavior. You will need to check on the posted ContentGroup to see if it is equal to specials, it might look like this:

php:
if (isset($_POST["Update"]) && (isset($_POST["ContentGroup"])) && $_POST["ContentGroup"] == "specials")

randyw2394710

the code above did not send and email when changed the email trigger
if (isset($_POST["Update"]) to
if (isset($_POST["Update"]) && (isset($_POST["ContentGroup"])) && $_POST["ContentGroup"] == "specials")

Eric Mittman

This is a custom update that you will need to be making in the code directly, the example that I posted was only an example. It is checking on the inserted ContentGroup to see if it is equal to specials. You may need to adapt this to fit the exact ContentGroup value that is being used. You should be able to see this in your db in the contents table for the content group.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...