close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataAssist only delete most recent item

Thread began 7/28/2010 7:53 am by Thomas Hill | Last modified 7/29/2010 8:13 am by CraigR | 1117 views | 3 replies |

Thomas Hill

DataAssist only delete most recent item

Hi,

I am creating a page for users to create assignment briefs. In the first instance users enter a name and assign a lecturer etc and then 'save' the information to the database. On the second page (the enclosed page), the information already entered by the user is displayed and then users can attach specific units to the assignment. These units are stored in a db table called 'panelnames' and the assignment briefs are stored in a db table called 'assignments'. These two tables are then "linked" together by a db table called 'assignments_panels'.

When I display these results in a table they work fine but I am not sure if I am doing it right since it is only when I come to delete a record using the Delete Multiple Records option that only the most recent item in the database is deleted. I have enclosed my page for you to look at.

P.S. My one thought is that I am doing something wrong when I pull the linking tables from the db. It is my understanding of linking two tables that this does not physically happen in mySQL. Instead, when adding records I simply include the integer values of the other two tables into the linking table. I should then display these values in a new recordset by using the following for the enclosed page:
SELECT *
FROM assignments_panels, panelnames
WHERE assignments_panels.panelnames_foreign_key = panelnames.ID AND assignments_panels.assignment_foreign_key = paramID
ORDER BY assignments_panels.APID ASC

Variables
paramID is $_GET['AID']

Attached Files
assignment_Display.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I think that the delete might not be working rite because of out of order code. There is currently a bug in DataAssist that makes it so the loops for the multi delete, update, and insert server behaviors can sometimes be outside of a repeat region when they should be inside of it.

I have moved the repeat region code to be outside of the repeat selection code to see if this helps you overcome this issue. Please use the attached updated file in a test to determine if you are getting a better result. Make sure that you backup the current page first though.

Attached Files
assignment_Display.php.zip

Thomas Hill

Oh yes!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!

Could you describe to me which line of code you moved since I have had the same problem on another page.

Also, when do you think the bug issue might be resolved?

Thank you so much again, I thought it was me :-)

CraigRBeta Tester

Hi Thomas, take a look at this thread, it may help, especially the last few posts...

showthread.php?t=14927

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...