close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping Power Store 3

Thread began 7/26/2010 11:57 am by arteferiapr408521 | Last modified 7/29/2010 2:10 pm by Eric Mittman | 1339 views | 5 replies |

arteferiapr408521

Shipping Power Store 3

Currently I am working with paypal express for payments and USPS for shipping. When I submit an order after confirming with paypal, in the pp_confirm.php the shipping calculation is not shown. Also we sell books and we would like to change the weight units to OZ instead of LBS.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

To update the weight units for the shipping you will need to update this line of code on the confirm and pp_confirm pages:

form this

php:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["WeightUnits"] = "lb";

to this

php:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["WeightUnits"] = "oz";

You may also want to update the label for this field in your admin area on the products insert and update pages. In the settings you will need to enable shipping with the checkbox first, then enter all of the details. When you get to either of the confirm pages you should see the shipping charge that is returned by USPS. If you have altered or updated the confirm or pp_confirm page and have this problem you may need to revert back to the original version to get it working.

arteferiapr408521

Shipping Calculation

So with this fix I will be able to enter the weight in OZs in the product update page and it will calculate the final shipping in oz. with USPS?
I have shipping enabled with USPS with all the information required and the production server enabled from USPS, my pp_confirm.php has not been altered at all (only now that you told me to and what to change(Oz.)) and I still don’t see the shipping cost calculated.

Please I need help urgent, this PS is starting to become a nightmare…
Thank You for your help.

The image attached shows the pp_confirm.php page before submit and the shipping configuration.

Attached Files
pp_confirm.zip

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so that we can look into this further. To update your ticket or check it's status login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

arteferiapr408521

Problem Solved

Dashes on the zip code are a no go..
Great support
thank you!

OK now I have another issue. When I buy a single book the system calculates for a single book but when I add another the shipping price stays the same...
Is there a way to assign an specific shipping price to every item, and if you buy more than 4 a flat rate, one for US and one for international,.

Eric Mittman

You could add a column to your cart object to hold the shipping price and use the subtotal of this column in a custom shipping charge rule. You would need to add in a check for the quantity to make sure it is not more than 4. You would then need to make another flat rate rule that would check to see if there were more than 4 and if so apply the flat rate.

The shipping quote charges that you see in the cart are a result of the shipping quote server behavior. This server behavior is usually only applied to the confirm page, so if you add another item to the cart it will not update the shipping until you get to the confirm page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...