close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Data assist: Automatic inserts of date/time stamps

Thread began 7/25/2010 6:11 am by biesheuvel378713 | Last modified 7/26/2010 12:25 am by biesheuvel378713 | 675 views | 2 replies |

biesheuvel378713

Data assist: Automatic inserts of date/time stamps

It would be a nice feature if there was an option to automatically insert date time stamps in to a record with the update and the create actions.

Let's say I have a database with a column that registrates the creation date (or datetime) and the update date (time). That's quite normal for a database and sometimes it's very handy to keep track of these dates.

Now in the datawizzard it should be fine if it would recognize date and time fields so you can have an option that the date and time will be set automatically in either the field that holds the creationdate and when updating a record the update field.

I'm very certain that having an option like that will improve data assist big times

Greetz,

Sign in to reply to this post

CraigRBeta Tester

you can set a mysql database table column to timestamp, which will automatically populate when a row is added.

biesheuvel378713

I found a simple and elegant way to set the datetime for the creation datetime and the updatetime. From the wizard simply fill in $date for the updatetime and the creationdate column and then in the code write $date = date('Y-m-d H:i:s');

But it would be nice if data assist would recognize date columns (in any format) o you can choose to fill in the proper date straight from the menu. And that the data wizzard would also display dates in the proper format (for instance European or American format). It would be a great add on to data wizard.

(Its already a great extension. I'm learning php now (I have a C# background) and together with HTML editor and dynamic dropdown I've already setup a small cms with a minimum of coding, great stuff)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...