close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PS2 - fixed what wasn't broke and broke it

Thread began 7/24/2010 4:26 pm by micja | Last modified 8/09/2010 7:04 pm by micja | 1850 views | 7 replies |

micja

PS2 - fixed what wasn't broke and broke it

I am working in Powerstore 2 in Dreamweaver CS4 (I have ecart 5 installed, but haven't used it yet), am setting up a shopping cart, and am using (trying to, at least) Paypal Standard (with a free business account and API credentials).

I set the entire store up before working on the payment gateway. Made sure user registrations worked--everything did, including the email confirmations to the site owner email address and the user email address. Created a couple of fake users, did verification emails, they went through great, user accounts were verified, site owner received an email saying a new user registered. All worked great.

Then started to tackle the payment gateway. Decided it might be prudent to start by going to the known issues for Powerstore 2. I downloaded and installed ALL the known issue "fixes" for powerstore 2. This did include "fixes" for email confirmations.

I have now run three test orders through the site by creating a .01 item, run it in test mode, and in live mode. I was able to go through the entire process all three times. First time the order successful page came up at the end, the "user" (me) received a confirmation email from powerstore saying the order was received. Nothing from paypal, of course, because it was in "test" mode. Seems all good.

However, I tried to go into "order history" under the customer I was logged in as, and can't even get to the page. I keep being asked to log in, and it just takes me back to the profile information and update page AND on that page it says that the email account has NOT been verified. I clicked on "verify" and did receive the proper verification email, was able to click the verification link, received a "your account has been verified" confirmation email, yet the profile page STILL says it is NOT verified.

Also, no order confirmation email is sent to the site owner email account.

I ran a second test order using the same item and still in test mode, and the second time around, I was again taken to the order successful page, but this time no order confirmation to either the buyer or the seller, the account still says it is not verified.

Third test was run in LIVE mode (turned test mode to false, and false on sandbox as well) ran the same .01 item. Process SEEMED to work as I was taken to paypal, completed the transaction, it took me back to the order successful page. If I was the customer, I would think it went through.

However, NO email confirmation to customer or seller, NO paypal transaction occurred for buyer or seller, and still have no access (as customer logged into store site) to order history (still goes back to profile page where it says my email is still not verified in spite of a second run at the email verification and receiving confirmation that it was indeed verified). Even in live mode, even though it says the transaction completed and was successful, it was not.

Is all of this a result of me installing all or some of the "fixes"? Is this the problem of using paypal standard even though I do actually have the API credentials and it accesses the seller account fine (as identified on the paypal page?

OR, when I took out all the "pay with credit card code" did I take out something I should have?

If you could create a support ticket for me, I will gladly attach the checkout page and any others that would help you help me trace the issue(s).

TEST #4
Started by adding back in all the code I took out of the checkout page according to the instructions I found on this forum, and left the direct pay method on the checkout page. (The direct pay form was still on for Test #1) and ran the transaction live again. Results: transaction completed, was taken back to order successful page. CUSTOMER received confirmation of the order in email address, SELLER did NOT receive an order email from powerstore. Seller and Customer both received verification and receipt from paypal, so for all intents and purposes, the payment gateway itself is working...seller just doesn't receive an email saying they received an order. The seller only knows there is an order by receiving the paypal notification or if they happen to check their Admin page for orders.

Still a couple issues remain the same. There are two white boxes with nothing in them on the checkout successful page. The checkout successful page does not state the quantity ordered. I need to know exactly what lines I can remove from the checkout page to eliminate the direct pay form without affecting my email confirmations and the order successful page.

Thanks in advance.
Michelle

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

So currently all seems to be working as it should except for the receipt email going to your admin email address?

Have you tested a transaction with this email address set in the profile for the user making the transaction? This would be a good check to determine if the email receipt was not being sent, or if was just not being received. If you can test a transaction using the admin's email address and get the receipt then it would indicate that there is a problem sending the receipt to the cc or bcc. If you can't get the receipt email then it would indicate there is a problem delivering mail to the admin's email address through PowerStore.

Please give these things a try and get back to us with the result and any other details that you can come up with.

As for getting rid of DirectPay on the checkout page you could just comment out the direct pay checkout form.

micja

thanks Eric, so far we are still not receiving the email in the admin's e email address either.

As for "commenting out" I'm afraid PHP is still russian for me, I don't know how to comment out the direct pay method. I did try substituting code I found here on the forums, but for some reason after I did, then the paypal standard, even though it went all the way through the process did not work.

The most recent test I ran was under the "live" gateway for both the site and for paypal using a .01 transaction. As long as I have the direct pay method on the page (unused), the transaction worked great. When I "commented out" (using the method I found on the forum) the direct pay, the transaction SAID it was successful, but didn't go through. I realize I must be doing something wrong, taking out too much or misplacing something...just don't know what.

Eric Mittman

The form for Direct Pay on the checkout page is on lines 429-1661. You can add in a php comment around this area to disable it. You will also need to comment out the code that is on lines 1672-1708.

To comment out the lines you can select these areas of code and on the left in DW you should have a comment control that you can use to apply the comment. With the code selected click on the comment icon and choose to apply the php style comments. You will need to do this for the form as well as the spry validations that are on the page after the form.

I'm including an updated version of the checkout page with these changes applied for you. As for the email message do you mean to say that you cannot get the email at the admin address regardless or only when you use the email address as the cc in the globals file to get a copy of the receipt. If your admin email address does not get the regular receipt then they will probably not get the copy of the receipt. As a test make sure that you have a registered user with the admin email address then run a test transaction. Please post back with as much detail as you can.

Attached Files
checkout.php.zip

micja

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  The form for Direct Pay on the checkout page is on lines 429-1661. You can add in a php comment around this area to disable it. You will also need to comment out the code that is on lines 1672-1708.

To comment out the lines you can select these areas of code and on the left in DW you should have a comment control that you can use to apply the comment. With the code selected click on the comment icon and choose to apply the php style comments. You will need to do this for the form as well as the spry validations that are on the page after the form.

I'm including an updated version of the checkout page with these changes applied for you. As for the email message do you mean to say that you cannot get the email at the admin address regardless or only when you use the email address as the cc in the globals file to get a copy of the receipt. If your admin email address does not get the regular receipt then they will probably not get the copy of the receipt. As a test make sure that you have a registered user with the admin email address then run a test transaction. Please post back with as much detail as you can.  

Thanks for the help, Eric. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond and let you know if it worked. I ran into some other emergencies, so this one was set on the back burner. I will use the file you sent and let you know if it worked for me then run more tests this weekend. I'll post back all the results I can--good or bad. :) Thanks again for helping me with this.

Michelle

micja

First of all, Eric, thanks for the file, it worked beautifully. The only thing that remains on the issue of how Paypal Standard works is on the Order Sucess! page. The order goes through great, we still do not have an email which goes to the site owner informing them that an order has been placed...however, they do get one automatically from Paypal, so we aren't so concerned about that. I am including a screen shot of the order success page as it comes up for the customer after placing the order. You will see two empty boxes which are labeled "Paypal Express Checkout Infor" and "Billing Info" respectively. I'm assuming they come up blank because we are using Paypal Standard. Can we get those taken out? I'm including the zipped page file. Thanks!

Michelle

Attached Files
checkout success page white boxes.zip
pp_checkout_success.zip

Eric Mittman

You should be getting the details to show on the pp_confirm page. The fact that you are not tells me that something else is wrong in this checkout server behavior. To help you get to the bottom of it I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. To check the status of the ticket or update it please login and visit your support history.

The type of checkout that you are working with is known as Express Checkout, this is different from Payments Standard and should allow you to complete the checkout on your site and get to a checkout success page that should act as a receipt.

micja

You should be getting the details to show on the pp_confirm page. The fact that you are not tells me that something else is wrong in this checkout server behavior. To help you get to the bottom of it I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. To check the status of the ticket or update it please login and visit your support history.

The type of checkout that you are working with is known as Express Checkout, this is different from Payments Standard and should allow you to complete the checkout on your site and get to a checkout success page that should act as a receipt.  

Thanks for the response, Eric. Ray did try to call me today and I was not at the computer I needed to work from. He's going to call tomorrow, so hopefully we will get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for upgrading it to a ticket.

Michelle

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...