close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shopping Cart Not Updating Shipping

Thread began 7/23/2010 5:28 pm by mora398588 | Last modified 7/26/2010 2:01 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1195 views | 3 replies |

mora398588

Shopping Cart Not Updating Shipping

After testing my shopping cart a few times, I have noticed a few odd things occurring. I've noticed that the shipping quotes are not being updated when items are being either removed or added. This also includes sales tax. This has led me to think that public users of my shopping cart may get a bit confused that the cart may be reflecting inaccurate information.

I've noticed that when I proceed through the checkout process, the confirmation page updates the cart and makes the necessary changes. However, this does not happen all the time, especially when your signed in. When signed in, I have also noticed that the session may get things a bit confused and not update the cart...again when adding to and removing items.

I have even attempted to clear the cart all together and then add another item. I've also noticed that a previous item in the cart that may have prompted a shipping quote will reveal the same shipping quote again, even after clearing the cart and then proceeding to add a different item. When I click the "update" button on the cart page, it does nothing.

I am uncertain how to resolve this. Nonetheless, I would like to invite you to test my shopping cart functions and see if you can repeat the issues I am experiencing. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated and valued.

You can go to hrproducts.php

** Keep in mind that these issues occur when adding and removing multiple items and then updating the cart.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

shipping and tax are only calculated when the user goes from the checkout page to the confirm page.

if they make any changes to the cart items, they must pass through the checkout page again before proceeding to the confirm page. It is the post from checkpout to confirm that triggers the shipping and tax to recalculate.

mora398588

Thank you for clarifying.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...