close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Edit Form opens Wrong Form

Thread began 7/23/2010 2:14 pm by jonm145238 | Last modified 7/28/2010 10:56 am by Eric Mittman | 2204 views | 9 replies |

jonm145238

I am attempting to modify one of many forms that I have enhanced with CSS Form Builder. When I have only that form open in Dreamweaver CS5 I Click on my form in the Design View then look for the Edit Form or Edit Contents buttons in my properties. When I click on either of them CSS Form Buildre's interface opens but the WRONG form is showing up. This has happened before and somehow I was able to get it to work, this time I am not so lucky.

My problem is that I am on such a tight time constraint that this issue is costing me a great deal of time and money. So any quick response, since there is no phone support, would be greatly appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If the extension seems to be behaving oddly for you it might be a good idea to clear the cache to see if this helps. Here are the steps for this:

common_installation_issues.pdf

After clearing the cache open DW and open up only a single page that has a CSS Form Builder form on it. With only this page open select the form then choose to edit the contents or design.

If you have any further trouble with this let us know and post back with some screen shots if you can so that we have a visual reference for the issue.

jonm145238

Ok, I followed the instructions in the document you referenced and your specific instructions and I am still experiencing the same issue. Look at the two images I have attached as proof. First, there is the dw.jpg that shows my Dreamweaver CS5 (please note that I did have to obscure the identity of my client for security reasons) with the specific form in question. The cssfb.jpg shows the form that comes up when I attempt to edit.

It is not just a preview issue. If I actually attempt to edit the form I get all kinds of error messages and the results that I essentially end up with are a damaged php file. This is just not acceptable.

It should be noted that I am using Dreamweaver CS5 on a Windows 7 64-Bit machine. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Like I said this is at least the second time this has happened to me (in the last day or so) but I was able to resolve it somehow the first time. This time nothing seems to work. It is clear that there are some pretty substantial bugs in CSS Form Builder and this one is pretty substantial.

Again I can not stress enough how critical the timing of this project is. I appreciate how quickly you originally answered and hope that I can find some sort of a resolution this evening if at all possible.

jonm145238

I am pretty much dead in the water so I just tried uninstalling the Extension then I reinstalled it. No difference at all. I have even scoured every file that I can find that would appear to be related, still nothing.

jonm145238

Ok, no response so far and this is not good. I have resolved the issue with this specific form by completely recreating it from scratch. It took some time but I could wait no longer.

Now I an experiencing something similar sporadically and I am also experiencing something else that appears to be related, so here are more details of the new behavior:

I created a form, not database enabled, just a strait form using CSS Form Builder. I used one of the pre-designed forms (basically credit card payment for downloadable products). I do not need some of the fields and actually need some other additional fields, so I proceeded to edit the specifics of the form. There are 3 groups (as I recall) and I leave them all intact. Just removing and changing fields as needed. I then add a PO field just above the Name (was First Name) in the second group, then click on Finish. Now the first group appears to be missing, and this is not a good thing. So I attempt to go into the group, it is empty. I hit Cancel, not wanting to save changes that are unwarranted. I then hit Finish to save all of my work, check the form and the Credit Card section of the form is now missing. I go back into CSS Form Builder and, of course, get the error "The Paymentcustom.xml group is no longer available as it was likely deleted or renamed."

I did not rename or delete the Paymentcustom.xml file so now I am thinking there is yet another serious bug in this plugin.

I am likely to just recreate this form from scratch and I suspect I will probably have other related issues with it.

Would you please look at this and tell me if I am doing something wrong. Seriously, two major bugs in just a couple of days and I am literally tiptoeing around this plugin. I paid really good money for these tools (basically the entire deposit from the client I am building this site for) and I am wondering if it has actually taken more of my time and effort just because I chose to use your products. The entire idea was to excellent the development process and provide a much richer end user experience, but it has actually taken me more time.

Two things are for sure. First, I am unlikely to ever renew my subscription unless some of these major defects are corrected. Second, as a consultant I am also very unlikely to ever recommend that a client use your products. Lets see if we can change my mind by fixing these issues.

Eric Mittman

What you have described here is very unusual behavior that I have never seen or have reported before. I would like to get a feel for exactly what you are experiencing and if I cannot resolve the issue quickly I will open a ticket for you.

Please post back with a copy of the page that has the form on it, the CSSFormBuilder folder from your site and an export of the saved form preset that you are using. Along with this please also explain what parts this form should have when it is complete so that I can tell if anything is missing. I will test this out to see what result I get with it.

jonm145238

I will post the results is and when this behavior reoccurs. For now I have had to redo the affected pages because I could not wait for a response or take the time to debug a tool when I have some tight deadlines.

I suspect this problem will reoccur.

Eric Mittman

OK, I would really like to look into this issue with you. If you experience this problem again or any problems like it let us know and include the requested files so we can check into this further.

jonm145238

I will definitely be posting more details for you once I have this project completed. My timeline is so tight that I just do not have the time to mess around until I get a minimally functional site up and running.

I am experiencing more problems, specifically javascript errors when I try to edit a form that is already in place. For now I am going to need to manually edit the code, and I hope I can figure out what changes are necessary to keep the form functioning as it was when I was done creating it originally in CSS Form Builder.

Eric Mittman

We will be here when you are ready to try to work through some of these issues, just let us know.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...