close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems after install PowerCMS 2

Thread began 7/23/2010 12:35 pm by admin140217 | Last modified 7/26/2010 3:19 pm by Eric Mittman | 1718 views | 5 replies |

admin140217

Problems after install PowerCMS 2

After several problems I have a good install of powercms 2 however I'm unable insert data for any page and it seems like I'm missing many images although they have been uploaded.

Admin login works but it's the following pages that don't.

When I click on Add Content I get the following error:

Page not found
The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTTP 404 - File not found

The URL it is going to is powercms/admin/common/contents_insert.php?ContentID=1

I could use some help to straighten this out.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The contents insert page should not be inside of the common folder, it should be located outside of the common folder in the admin folder.

There might be a problem with the way that the files were uploaded. You should backup the files that you have on your server now and re-upload them to ensure that they are copied to the server correctly.

If the problem still persists please post back and include any further details that you can come up with.

admin140217

Eric,

I checked the files that are on the server:

The common folder has 5 files in it:

addpage.php
contents_delete.php
listfolder.php
load_content.php
user_delete.php

The contents_insert.php file is in the admin folder outside of the common folder which is why I was confused about this. When I installed the CMS, I brought the entire folder over from my local machine using a fresh dowload from webassist to the server via FTP.

Do you think I should upload them again anyway or is this a path issue in one of the pages?

admin140217

update

Eric,

After looking into this more (more awake) I have found two things.

1. somehow a duplicate of the common folder wound up outside the admin folder. I renamed this folder to take it out of the structure.

2. most or all paths are wrong in regard to images and function such as the add content button.

I proved this out by looking at the image properties in the CMS while on the server and changed the path to what it should be according to the directory structure and the image did appear.

How can I make sure that all paths are correct for all pages in the CMS?

Does this require an install of all files again, if so how does that affect the database?

Thanks for your help

admin140217

update - fixed issue

Eric, thanks for replying to my comments, It looks like I have fixed the issue I was having.

Here's what appears to have happened.

In my last post I mentioned the paths looks messed up and that's true, all of the paths with exception of a few were but it was from the way I placed the files in my local directory along with renaming the file folder.

I had extracted the zip into the site directory and then renamed the file but it seems that the update process when renaming the file folder in Dreamweaver somehow changed the paths to all other folders, I'm still not sure why but it looks like what happened.

Later, I extracted all files to there own folder, then copied those files/folders to the powercms directory in the site structure, then copy and pasted those files into the directory to overwrite previous files. Then I proceded to upload all the files once again with the correct paths.

All seems to be working fine now including adding content.

Eric Mittman

That is good to hear. Sometimes if you have checked the box for 'update links automatically in other pages' DW will automatically change the paths to the resources based on where you move a page to. It is best to not have this option enabled if you would like to move pages around in the site without updating the paths.

Dynalux

CMS don't workafter installation

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...