close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Contents of confirmation email?

Thread began 7/23/2010 10:31 am by rikaG_510 | Last modified 7/28/2010 10:04 am by Eric Mittman | 2034 views | 7 replies |

rikaG_510

Contents of confirmation email?

Hi,

I once screwed up the check out sequence, so I recreated it.
Now it seems it's all working (thankfully) and confirmation email for me and custmer are sent fine as well.

The problem is, that the contents of confirmation email seems different from the past (when I first made the sequence.)
I remember that I used to have the order detail, and customer detail. Now, I see what's typed in checkout form, but not with the label that I customized.

I opend "Blank.php" and tried edit, but can't see any element for that area.
I'm probabbly missing something or I just can't remember what I used to do, but now I'm stuck.

I tried to edit confirmation email from Server Behavior panel, but it doesn't let me change the contents anyway.
How can I edit it so I can put order dtail and customer information?

Thank you for your help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If you are using a template file like Blank for the message body you can open up this page to customize your receipt. By default these template pages normally just loop over the posted data so it will use the name of the element for it's label.

If you want to have full control over the values and how they are displayed you can go to Bindings > Form Data and select the confirm page to get the data. This will give you all of the form bindings in the bindings panel. You can then create your own labels and drag and drop the values onto the message wherever you would like to see them.

rikaG_510

Thank you Eric,

Ok great.
So now I have customer info stuff listed under Binding's ecart_checkout_form(...confirm.php).

Now how do I bind detail of orders made?
This bit didn't come with Confirm page when I bind it through Form Data.
(on Confirm page, I of course have the detail of orders made showing alright.)

I basically want to make confirmation email look like confirm.php, with what orders made and what customer info was typed in.

rikaG_510

I wonder if binding "OrderDetail" table would be the way?

rikaG_510

Hi,

I've been working on this today, now I figure it out.
I actually re-did the checkout wizard again, this time I got the proper "Email order receipt."

I think what happened was that I didn't set up the confirmation email setting on checkout wizard.

Thank you and sorry for taking your time.
Rika

Eric Mittman

I'm glad that you were able to get through it. For future reference you can create a receipt email like the one that the checkout wizard will create for you by adding in a eCart display to the message body, when you add it make sure that you choose the email friendly version of the cart display. Other than this it is just some details from the checkout form that you have the bindings for there.

rikaG_510

Hi Eric,

Oh I see. I will keep it in mind.

Thank you!

Eric Mittman

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...