close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Admin pages not displaying data

Thread began 6/04/2009 9:42 am by mds119803 | Last modified 6/11/2009 4:09 am by mds119803 | 5061 views | 12 replies |

mds119803

Admin pages not displaying data

Hi,
I have managed to set up the database and followed the instructions for everything else but when I look at Admin/index.php online, I can log in ok but then I see 'loading data' very quickly followed by a very empty looking page with an error in the middle

../DynamicWebCharts/Data/users_Reports_dataparse1.php?GET=

inside a styled box and below that I have links for 'search for user' and 'filter report' (both links bring up pages but queries bring up blank pages/errors).

I can't figure out what I'm missing or have done wrong. I've uploaded all the files again just in case I missed one out but it doesn't seem to have fixed it.

I think I've got some data not connecting up somewhere? If you can help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That error usually means that the path to the file displayed is not a valid path and that the file indicated needs to be uploaded to the location as specified in the link. Have you tried to browse that file that it displays?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mds119803

I can't view them in a browser either. I've just checked out my path settings and I can see on my Dreamweaver testing server I've missed out the www and so I think that's possibly caused my problem. The site URL is looking at looking at the www.mydomain and testing server on mydomain - which I know isn't good! I've changed it now and will try reloading the site to see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the help.

mds119803

Hi, I'm still stuck somewhere!

I can now see the files that are in the root ok and some files that are in the folders, ie I can see Admin/users_LogIn.php, weekly.php (still no chart).

I must still have some path issues but I just cannot find the problem? I've opened the Admin index file and looked through the code and the paths to the Data files look ok and they are coming up in the browser if I go directly to them.

Have you any suggestions as to where I should look or try next please?

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have a URL where I can view the problem?

mds119803

Ray,

That would be great. Admin
Temp user is admin and password maria

Thanks
Maria

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Somehow this page was corrupted or replaced:

users_Reports_dataparser1.php

When I view that page, it should display the data for the chart and it is displaying some links and a self referencing flash movie. I'm not sure what happened but I think you need to return that page to the original version or there was a problem with your download.

What does the code look like on that page in Dreamweaver. Something is very wrong with it when I view through the browser.

mds119803

Ray, thanks, I'm glad I'm not just going bonkers as I'm fairly good at getting my paths right usually. I've got to go out for a couple of hours but will try what you suggest when I get back and let you know. I'll also put the code onto a page on the site for you to see what it looks like. Thank you very much. Maria

mds119803

I have unzipped the original file I downloaded again and copied all the files in the Admin folder to my site root and uploaded them but still getting the same. I have also copied all the code out and pasted it into this document admin_index.php for you to look at. Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can't seem to access the page on your site any more. Did you move it?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...