close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Using PowerCMS with Fatcow servers

Thread began 7/22/2010 7:23 am by admin140217 | Last modified 7/27/2010 6:52 pm by Dani Chankhour | 2862 views | 9 replies |

admin140217

Using PowerCMS with Fatcow servers

Hello,

I have created a database and uploaded my PowerCMS files into a folder called CMS on the host server /CMS/ but I'm getting an HTTP 500 error when I call up CMS/ for the install.

Why would this happen on a fresh upload?

I don't know if it has anything to do with Fatcow but that is where everything is located.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

I don't think it has any thing to do with the server, but just make sure that you have the right domain typed in in the URL. as a test, create a test html page and place it under the cms folder and see if you can browse to it. If you are not able to browse to the html page then the url that you are using is incorrect.

admin140217

Dani,

I'll try your suggestion thanks. I have already created a new folder in the sites root and that seems to be working fine. I'll see what happens.

admin140217

This is an update. If I use Firefox I get some progression in the url but the install does not occur and trys to go right to the user log in.

admin140217

update

I decided to do a fresh install and got the same result, the install did not occur, didn't even start. I did what Dani suggested and put a simple html file in the /powercms/ directory (I used the read me file that came with the cms) and that file came up no problem, so I know the URL is correct.

So this leads me to my original question, is this something on Fatcow servers that is preventing the install? Maybe a permissions issue?

I tried changing the permissions on the powercms folder and did get an error message but the install still did not happen.

Why would nothing happen?

the url is here: index.php

This is getting serious now.

Thanks

admin140217

update 2

I chatted with Fatcow tech support and they said it's a coding issue in the script.

when I go to meyershouseofsweets.com/powercms/index.php it is now giving me this error:

Warning: require_once(../../rename_and_upload_this_folder/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web01b/b1067/moo.scmeyer/powercms/admin/users_login.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../rename_and_upload_this_folder/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in /hermes/web01b/b1067/moo.scmeyer/powercms/admin/users_login.php on line 1

It seems as though it is not going to the install folder but to the admin user login, theURL it is redirecting to is:

users_login.php

So why is the install failing on the server, the powercms version is 2.0.1

I'm in need of help on this one.

admin140217

update 3

A fresh install did it. When the folder was renamed, not all the references where changed and caused the install not to work properly.

I have now had a successful install but many of the images are not there and was not able to insert content.

Still working on it.

Dani Chankhour

What images are you referring to? are they the images in the solution or are the images that you have inserted.

In regard to inserting a content, are you getting an error, or what exactly is happening when you click the insert button.

admin140217

Dani,

This is all set now. It was a path issue caused by the way I had put the files into the site's directory.

Dani Chankhour

I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...