close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error in Data Assist Wizard

Thread began 7/21/2010 8:46 am by FPeter | Last modified 8/06/2010 2:47 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1531 views | 17 replies |

FPeter

Error in Data Assist Wizard

Hi folks

Seems I now have a problem when trying to start the Data Assist Wizard.
On the first screen I am getting one option saying MM_ERROR: an undefined error has occured.

I have followed the instruction to delete the WinFileCache.dat file but can't locate it anywhere, tried searching %appdata%, no results, tried going straight to the folder but not there, tried searching WinFileData.dat but no results, not even in the folder stated.

I have tried uninstalling the extension and re-installing but still get the same error.

I have tried re-creating the template but still the same error.

HELP
Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

FPeter

Update

Hi again

Managed to locate the WinFileCache.dat and deleted it, uninstalled Data Assist and restarted PC.

Went in again and deleted WinFileCache.dat file and installed Data Assist.

Opened Dreamweaver and the template, started Data Assist Wizaed but the same error still exists.

I have two tables in the database and when I select the other table I get the ID option but an this error when I select the other table - MM_ERROR: An undefined error has occured.

HELP
Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a screen shoot showing the structure of the second table?

Sign in to reply to this post

FPeter

Hi Jason

Getting all sorts of problems now, had to un-install XAMPP and when I re-installed I get an error message in phpmyadmin about setting a password, tried putting a password into the config file but this give another error. and wont let me enter.

Lost both my tables and database with the re-install.

Just going to try again, will keep you posted.

Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

FPeter

Hi Jason

Managed to get up and running again after some uninstall and re-installs.

I have made a new template, new server connection, new tables, lettings & sales, with information in lettings, but nothing works, still getting MM_ERROR: An undefined error has occurred.

When I click on lettings the Key Column has nothing in it, only the above error as a choice.
If I change to the sales table the options are there.

If I just ckick on Next with the lettings table selected a box comes up with "Please select a table that contains at least one column within it".

Do you think renaming the lettings tabe with do any good?

Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

FPeter

Just renamed the table in the database but still the same error appears.

I have uninstalled Data Assist and deleted the WinFileCache. dat file, restarted PC and checked to see that the WinFileCache. dat file was in fact gone, which it was.

I have installed Data Assist again and still get the same MM_ERROR: An undefined error has occurred.

Any ideas now on how to sort this.

Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

FPeter

Is there anybody there

Update.

Just created a new site, new connection, new database, new tables but still the same problem - MM_ERROR: An undefined error etc.

HELP PLEASE
Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a screen shoot showing the structure of the table?

it sounds to me like there is a problem with the table name or one of the column names, but that is only a guess.

Sign in to reply to this post

FPeter

Hi Jason

Tables are fine and the names look fine to me, There are two tables in the database and I can select the other and it lists the field names.

Just re-installed the Data Assist extension and XAMPP, created a new database and tables, I haven't put anything into the tables and it picks both of them up, so I will start again with the wizard to see how I get on.

Could it be something to do with the table information or the settings I had?

Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

  Could it be something to do with the table information or the settings I had?  



yes, it could be, this is why I have been asking for a screen shot showing the table structure please.

Sign in to reply to this post
loading

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...