close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UE Syntax error

Thread began 7/20/2010 5:28 pm by david331670 | Last modified 7/27/2010 12:13 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1583 views | 6 replies |

david331670

UE Syntax error

When I try to checkout withPayPal Express, PayPal takes the money but I get a browser page error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in ....../webassist/email/WAUE_pp_confirm_1.php on line 174.
I have look at this area on a number of different WAUE.php pages and they all are different in some way or another, I cant find consistency in the code. The very similar setup for the PayFloPro checkout page works ok and it looks the same. I dont get any errors.
Can you let me know what the problem may be please
Thank you
David

Copy of area below:
Its the curly bracket, I have marked the line 174 by "THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174"

//WA eCart Merchandizing Show End
//ecart="Spectrum_online"
}
$MailBody = $MailBody . "\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " <tr>\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " <td style=\"text-align:left; font-weight:bold; padding: 10px 14px 10px 5px; background-color:#E5F385; /* Accent_11 */ border-top:solid 1px #CCD0D6; /* Neutral_Medium */ \" >Total:</td>\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " <td style=\"background-color:#B8D249; /* Accent_12 */ width:15%; text-align:right; padding: 10px 14px 10px 5px; border-top:solid 1px #CCD0D6; /* Neutral_Medium */\" >";
$MailBody = $MailBody . WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($Spectrum_online, $Spectrum_online->GrandTotal());
$MailBody = $MailBody . "</td>\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " </tr>\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " </table>\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " </div>\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " ";
//WA eCart Show If Middle
} THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174 THIS IS LINE 174
else {
$MailBody = $MailBody . "<table><tr><td>The cart is empty</td></tr></table>";
//WA eCart Show If End
}
$MailBody = $MailBody . "\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " \r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . "<div style=\"font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; /* Font Style */ font-size:x-small; color: #2C2D2E; /* Neutral_Black */ width:514px;\">\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " <div style=\"border-bottom:solid 1px #BABDC2; /* Neutral_Dark */ padding-bottom:10px;\">\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " <h3 style=\"font-size:small; background-color:#F1F0EE; /* Global_Gray_Light */ color: #353C48; /* Accent_5 */ padding: 5px 7px; margin-bottom:7px; border-top:solid 1px #BABDC2; /* Neutral_Dark */ border-bottom:solid 1px #BABDC2; /* Neutral_Dark */\">PayPal Express Checkout Information</h3>\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . " <div>\r\

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please compress the /webassist/email/WAUE_pp_confirm_1.php file into a zip archive and send that so i can see the code in context.

The error is saying that the "}" is not necessary because there is not a matching "{", but there should be a matching "{".

I will need to see the entire page code to determine what is wrong.

david331670

Waue

Jason
Here is the zip'd file.
I tried to recreate the file by making a small edit to the html in dreamweaver and re-save the WAUE file, uploaded to the web site but got the same result.
I am still confused why WAUE creates so much code that I need to remove to get the system to work.
Thanks again
David

Attached Files
WAUE_pp_confirm_1.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the code that starts the loop through the cart to display each line item had been removed.

I am sending a fixed copy of the file.

Attached Files
WAUE_pp_confirm_1.php.zip

david331670

Waue

Jason
I have copied the code you supplied to my page.
I now have another syntax error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /usr/home/spect7/www/htdocs/webassist/email/WAUE_pp_confirm_1.php on line 58
Line 58 is "while (!Spectrum_online->EOF()) { "

Can I easily regenerating the the entire page?
Please help.
Thanks
David

david331670

pp_confirm syntax error

I have fixed the page.
I have replaced the script from WAUE 3&#8230;
It now works????

Is it easier to rewrite the page and hence the email script?
Just a thought
Regards
David

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, it may be easier to recreate the page from scratch using Universal Email 4.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...