close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Linkpoint (now First Data Global Gateway) Information

Thread began 7/19/2010 12:42 pm by Jason Byrnes | Last modified 1/31/2011 7:37 am by Jason Byrnes | 15165 views | 12 replies |

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Linkpoint (now First Data Global Gateway) Information

The Linkpoint (now First Data Global Gateway) system is being updated to use a different API. We are in the process of evaluating what changes will need to be implemented in eCart to continue working with the new changes they are making.

It is recommended that you use Authorize.net or another gateway until we can update eCart to work with the new system.

Sign in to reply to this post

toms016390756

muchos gracias!

webassist2366041

Switching will cause EVERY website owner whose sites we designed to have to apply to Authorize.net to be approved and pay new set-up charges.

They would then have to abandon First Data -- or pay two monthly charges.

Then, every purchase form on every website would have to be changed to reflect Authorize.net.

This is a huge expense, a lot of work, and time with no sales.

Can you guess how long we must wait for your solution?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There should be no effect to currant linkpoinst customers. This should only effect new customers.

ryanrust414532

has this been fixed?

This may be my problem with my transaction failure with no error response. It is not even hitting the firstdata site.

Peterson Design Studio - jefferis

Confirmations missing

Hi, My client uses linkpoint and thought it was installed last year, he received his first order today. All information on the order received from Linkpoint was correct EXCEPT The ItemName or product ID, which were missing. That info is clearly available on the checkout and confirm order pages.
Is there a way, once the submit button is pressed on the confirmation page, or when the confirmation page is reached, to send a copy of the order directly to My Client, the owner? I was looking at the code, but not sure how to do this without messing up the system.

Since the order is processed through Linkpoint, it is not placed in his WA created order database...

Thanks
Jeff

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Is this using the Linkpoint AIM (Local) checkout method? or using the SIM (remote) checkout method?

Peterson Design Studio - jefferis

I believe it is using the remote, since I hand off the transaction and there is no record of the transaction in the WA created database for orders, etc. It has been a while since I developed the site and I HATE Linkpoint. Its documents were all out of date when I did it. Is there a quick way to tell for sure?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if the confirm page is passing to the link point server and the customer enters payment info there, then it is remote checkout.

On the checkout success page, the cart should still be populated.

you can add universal email to the success page and use the email friendly cart display in the email body to send the cart contents on load of the success page.

ryanteets270615

Linkpoint fraud protection?

I'm using Linkpoint/First Data on my site with eCart 5 and it was setup a little more than a year ago. It seems to process correctly, but there does not appear to be any fraud protection. Any card number that is correct will process regardless of the CVC code or address being incorrect.

On Authorize.Net, there was a place in the settings on the virtual terminal that I could select as to which items had to match in order for the transaction to be accepted. (for example the CVC code or billing address/zip).

Linkpoint does not have any settings like this in the virtual terminal and the guy with the heavy Indian accent on the phone says that Linkpoint does not do any of this (which makes no sense to me) and that it has to be done on the website by the shopping cart. (which again makes no sense to me)

Do you have information or suggestions on this for me??

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...