close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

inserting username and password in body

Thread began 7/15/2010 1:58 pm by mike372863 | Last modified 7/21/2010 1:41 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2371 views | 12 replies |

mike372863

inserting username and password in body

Hi
Im trying to send email to database with login details but i get error in email.(when its received)
Username
Notice: Undefined variable: row_RecordsetEmail in /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/423284/www.gentiva.com/web/content/webassist/email/templates/Blank.php on line 68
Password
Notice: Undefined variable: row_RecordsetEmail in /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/423284/www.gentiva.com/web/content/webassist/email/templates/Blank.php on line 72

I tried to just use recordset in the body of the email.
Is this the wrong way?
Mike

Sign in to reply to this post

mike372863

to field has enitre list in it

This post has been deleted.

Eric Mittman

I'm not sure exactly what you did to resolve this issue, but in general an error like this means that the recordset has not been filtered properly as intended. If the recordset is empty or defined below the portion of the page that makes use of it you will get an error like this.

mike372863

insert username and pssword in body

Eric
I havent resolved this issue.
I put this code in the default- blank.php page created by UE.
<?php echo $row_RecordsetEmail['UserEmail']; ?>
<?php echo $row_RecordsetEmail['UserPassword']; ?>

Do I include the record set on the blank.php page ?

mike372863

files

Eric
Here are my email and blank.php files

Attached Files
ue-files.zip

Eric Mittman

To make use of these values you will need to put the recordset that you have on your email.php page on lines 39 to 43 into the blank.php page above the references to the bindings that come from this recordset. Also, it seems that you are not filtering the recordset for a particular user. If you are selecting the values from your users table without filtering it will select the first record from this table.

mike372863

filtering

Eric
thanks can you explain how i filter the recordset using WA?

Eric Mittman

Do you make use of the User Registration Solution Pack or Security Assist for registering and logging in users? If so then you can really on the session variable for userID that is created when the user logs in.

If the user logs in a different way you will need to ensure that you are storing the id for the user in a session variabel. Once you have this session variable that holds the userID you can then filter a recordset anywhere on your site with this session variable.

To filter a recordset you need to open it up and at the bottom you will select to filter, then select the if or other unique identifier column that your variable holds a value for. Then you select that the filtered value is a session variable then just specify the name of the session variable.

If you have any further trouble with this post back with information about your user login and what values you are storing on login.

mike372863

login

Eric,
Im actually using both..but the login was started with security assist. The login page is attached.
Thanks in advance
Mike

Attached Files
index.php 2.zip

Eric Mittman

Ok, since you are using the WA Authenticate user server behavior you are storing the id for the logged in user in a session variable called UserID. To get the details of the user onto any page in the site you just need to add a recordset to that page. When you add the recordset to the page you need to filter it on this session variable value. To do this go into the filter area of the recordset interface and choose the id column, then choose to filter it on a session variable called UserID. You can then use the bindings for this recordset to put the values anywhere on the page by dragging and dropping them from the bindings panel.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...