close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can someone give me a checklist to go by?

Thread began 7/13/2010 6:54 pm by blain1976362034 | Last modified 7/14/2010 4:44 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1542 views | 4 replies |

blain1976362034

Can someone give me a checklist to go by?

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since an ecart is my end goal, I figured I'd post it here.

I mean no disprespect when I say this, but I really find the tutorials very complicated because everything is broken up individually. Would be nice if there were a start to finish tutorial even if it just linked to the already existing tutorials when it was time to use them.

What I'm hoping someone can give me is just a checklist of the steps to take in order to get this going.

I think I figured out the first step which was installing Xampp and I now have a connection to my data base. Everything went smoothly, but now I'm not sure where to go next.

Ok, so I have an empty Dreamweaver site created and have established a connection to MySQL as well as have the testing server set up. I have no data in my data base.

Now I'm wondering where to go next?

Do I use Data Asist next? Do I use Site Assistant next? And so on....

I have the Super Suite, so I have all of these extensions at my fingertips, just not sure what order to use them?

If someone would kindly order these for me in the order that I should execute them, I would appreciate it.

Cookies Toolkit
CSS Designer Starter Kit
CSS Menu Writer
Data Assist
Database Starter Kit for PHP
Dynamic Dropdowns
Dynamic Web Charts
e Cart 4
CSS Sculptor
iRite
Security Assist
SiteAssist Professional
Site Scribe
Surveyor
Universal email
User Registration Solution Pack
Validation Toolkit

Best Regards,
Blain

Sign in to reply to this post

Jaffa

Here's where I would start.

1 - Write down your objectives on paper (seriously the most important step) You need your building plan.

Once you know what you want to do and how you want it to function then this should tell you where to start next.

I think a site layout would be the first step. (SiteAssist)
Adjust the menu to suit (CCS Menu Builder)
Then add the database components (DataAssist)
Then add the e-cart (E-Cart)
then add security (Security Assist)

From what I can remember the e-cart PDF does a really good job of explaining how to setup the system, assuming you have some sort of site mapped out already. If not i'd suggest starting with Site Assist.

If you take the time to learn each component then building a e-commerce site is easy. Once you master this end you can then dive into customizing the site or adding the parts you need to your own web site.

Hope that helps!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

have you seen the web development work flow page:
web-dev-workflow.php

It steps through all the stages of developing a web site from planning to deployment.

don't underestimate what Jaffa said about planning your site on paper, this really is the most important step and will help you tremendously when it comes to design time.

blain1976362034

Thank you!

Thank you both for the helpful tips.

This is what I needed. I do have it planned out on paper as far as pages and categories, I just wasnt sure where to begin after that, but what the both of you have given me is very helpful.

And I had not seen he workflow before either so this will be helpful as well.

Thank you both again for taking the time to respond.

Best Regards,
Blain

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...