close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

web page is blank with dynamic input

Thread began 7/08/2010 3:55 pm by jpena155018 | Last modified 7/27/2010 10:39 am by Eric Mittman | 3337 views | 14 replies |

jpena155018

web page is blank with dynamic input

I have just purchased your pro google maps and have it configured to pull dynamically from recordset. When I set up a static address in your api it works fine and displays, but when I set it up to pull from the recordset nothing on the whole page appears. I am redesigning a real estate brokers site. I have put the map in it attached to the recordset and supplied a linik below to that page. I have also created a second page with nothing on it but the map pulling from the same recordset to get all the other coding out of the way and nothing on that page appears as well. Please advise. using dreamweaver cs3, AspVB and data from SQL database. Also for reference the database has the address competely segregated: Street No., Street Direction, Street Name - I am assuming that I can put all three fields into the street field of your api, i.e.:
<%=(RsGoogle.Fields.Item("AddrNo").Value)%><%=(RsGoogle.Fields.Item("AddrDir").Value)%><%=(RsGoogle.Fields.Item("AddrSt").Value)%> - in order to give it the whole address string. Even if I manually enter a proper address into the database in the street column it still does not appear. Please advise!

listinggg.asp?MLSNo=812298

goo.asp?MLSNo=812298

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Could there be a problem with the recordset itself? What happens if you try to have a page that has only the recordset on it and you display the recordsets values on the page?

If the map is working ok with the static data the first thing I would do would be to check the data from the recordset to confirm that it is ok. If you can get the rs to print to a page correctly then you should check the map with a single record at a time to see if it can display any location from the rs.

Usually when I have seen issues like this before it is due to bad records being present in the rs.

jpena155018

page blank

yes as a matter of fact I tried that also - I deleted everything regarding the map and just put the bindings directly to the page to show the address and they appeared just fine - for reference sake I have done so with the same record on this new page:
blnk.asp?MLSNo=822982
and now again the same page with the map on it:
blnk2.asp?MLSNo=822982
And it still appears completely blank - not even showing the bindings at the top as on the first page.
The really weird thing is if I try your map and pull an address from an access database the map appears fine. Don't unerstand. This SQL database with the same recordsets is attached to over 15 other real estate sites on the net and all information displays correctly as this link will show you:
listingg.asp?MLSNo=822982

Eric Mittman

Have you tried testing out the locations with the map page one at a time? I have a feeling that there is a record that is not working with the map. When I try to view the source on the page with the dynamic map I can only see up to the opening js script tag. Please post back with this page in a zip archive so I can take a closer look at it.

Also, I noticed on the page that you have the recordset listing it shows only a single record, is this all that there is in the db? In the map interface are you specifying to display multiple locations or just a single record while you are testing?

jpena155018

yes i have tried one at a time - and there are over 120,000 records within this recordset alone - this is a mls/idx database all the home listings for san antonio tx and surrounding areas. I will zip up and send over, but one question does it matter that the data is being pulled from a sql server off site - in other words from a different ip than where the site is located. site is hosted on servers on the east coast and my sql server is located in san antonio, tx. I have come across this instance before = nevertheless at a different site right now and will zip up and send over when get home. = thanks

neilo

Hiya, just for info, when I view the source for your three 'blank' pages, I am seeing most of the expected javascript up to:

var address_0_0 = {
street: 'An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

var address_0_0 = {
street: 'An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

wagmp_map_3_obj.addressFailed = true;
}
}
);
}
}
);
}
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

jpena155018

I have tried everything to the best of my knowledge - permission settings on the cache and google folders. Tried single addresses coming from the recordset - I really need some help I don't understand why I would be getting the error:
"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."
Other websites, as I said earlier, all pulling the data from this sql server without a problem. What is stopping your program from displaying the map on the page with the error above??
Please help!!!!

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so we can look into it further. To update the ticket login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

YellowCircleWeb

Blank page for me too with dynamic data

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. When you find the solution would you mind posting it in the forum so I can take a look too. My map works fine with static data, and if the map is removed from the page then recordset info displays correctly - soon as I put the dynamic google map back on the page I get a completely blank web page.

Eric Mittman

I believe the issue that was being experienced with this thread was that the supporting wagmp_maps.js file had a missing entry for the map that was on the page. So for example if you have a map identified as map 3 on your page and in this file there was no reference to map 3 then it will not show.

Do you have a link where this can be seen? Are you working with php? If so a php page that produces an error will come up blank if error reporting is turned off. If this is the case you can enable error reporting on the page with the map by adding in this code:

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

Please post back with some more info and a link if you can so that we can take a look at this with you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...