close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

redirect needs to be refreshed

Thread began 7/08/2010 10:04 am by chssagmi366905 | Last modified 7/20/2010 8:40 am by chssagmi366905 | 2836 views | 13 replies |

chssagmi366905

redirect needs to be refreshed

Often using firefox when I first log in to a particular homepage within a sequence of homepages, I have to refresh the page because it says the redirect was not correct. It is the same thing sometimes when I use my "homepage button" and the page shows up but some of the hidden information that relies on a session varible to display causes a error, which again as soon as I refresh the page it displays properly.
It is even worst when I use "explorer" as the browser with the redirect also causing a problem that most time can't be solved with the refresh. I have your version 4 suite. Please advise.
Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure what you mean log in to a home page within a sequence of home pages. Could you elaborate on how your site is set up?

Also, if you could provide some screen shots of the error message and how it should be displaying that would help in debugging the issue.

It seems that there might be an issue with the session handling of your server. You should check with your hosting provider or server administrator to check on this.

chssagmi366905

I have homepages 1, 2 3, 4 through 15 depending on the customer level. So depending on the level determines what homepage the customer is supposed to stop at. But on some of the pages instead of it showing, I get the message below. It does the same thing when I click my "homepage return" button. As soon as I refresh the page it shows up. I can't go live when customers have to refresh their page all the time.
Below is the message that I get. I am developing on localhost but was planning to go live this week. It must have something to do with the security access because the problem only happens on the pages with your page access and generally stops on the same page. I have had slightly different versions of this same problem that had to be solved with a support ticket but they were solved twice. Please advice.
Thanks

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Jimmy Wu

The user authentication shouldn't be affected by cookies. It uses sessions to manage the authentication, so I'm not sure why rejecting cookies would cause this issue.

What was the resolution to the issue the previous times you had it?

Does this happen on the same pages consistently or does the issue only happen intermittently? If it happens consistently on certain pages, please zip up and attach some of the pages that it consistently happens on.

chssagmi366905

It was resolved before with a support ticket. The issue was similar with the security access pages both times. I don't know how to do the attachment or screen shot to show more than what I did. I really need to get this resolved as explorer browser won't even let me get to a homepage from sign. I had just been using firefox. It is like your security pages are not quite doing the job.
Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a copy of the login page and the home page so i can examine the code.

can you also post a link where i can see the problem occur with test login info.

chssagmi366905

I hope this is what you meant. This is my login page code. There are about 20 different homepages depending on the customer access level so I can't send them all.

When I go to code view I get an java script error message saying there is an error at line 746, .......\WATrigger.js Reference Error WA_getDocument DOM is not defined.
Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please don't paste the code in the message, instead compress the php page into a zip file. you don't need to send all of the homepages, just one will suffice.

chssagmi366905

Originally Said By: chssagmi366905
  I hope this is what you meant. This is my login page code. There are about 20 different homepages depending on the customer access level so I can't send them all.

When I go to code view I get an java script error message saying there is an error at line 746, .......\WATrigger.js Reference Error WA_getDocument DOM is not defined.
Thanks  

I hope this zip is correct

I sent 4 files for 2 seperate problems. The confirm and checkout pages came from a thread about the success page and the other 2 are about the refresh issue.

Attached Files
web assist.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the two home pages you sent are set to redirect to another home page if authentication fails.

The error is occurring because you are redirecting to a home page after authentication fails, and authentication is failing on that page as well. Most likely that page redirects to another page that has authentication applied to it and it is failing there too and on an on.

Set the authentication failed redirect to go to the login page instead of directing to a page that has authentication applied.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...