close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

C.T. Don't read session on Bindings panel

Thread began 7/08/2010 1:04 am by info368164 | Last modified 7/19/2010 2:21 pm by Eric Mittman | 2223 views | 5 replies |

info368164

C.T. Don't read session on Bindings panel

Hallo
Dreamweaver 8, ASP classic.
In cookies toolkit vers. 3.1.3 when I open Clear Session give me an js error.
(apparently don't read the list of session on Bindings panel)
I have tried to reinstall but nothing.
Now I come back 3.1.2 and work fine

Regards
Luca

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

What is the js error you are getting and what are the exact actions you are taking when you get this error, please post back with a little more description about the issue and include screen shots if you can so we have a better idea of where the problem is.

info368164

Hallo,
Excuse me, but this morning I had no time to be clearer...

When I do a "Clear Session" appear this error:
webassitTCerror.jpg

translation:
During the execution of onLoad in WACT_ClearSession.htm, there was an JavaScript error

If I try to modify a page with the code made with WACookies 3.1.2 give me this error:
webassitTCerror2.jpg

translation:
JavaScript Error during the charging of Clear Session Values.htm
at the line 1380 of the file: "C:\....."

I hope it is enough to understand the problem

Thank you
Regards
Luca

Eric Mittman

You might be experiencing an error due to a bad cache file, here are instructions on clearing out this file:

common_installation_issues.pdf

If you still experience the problem after doing this then there might be a corruption of your configuration folder. If this is the case you will need to follow the steps here to overcome this:

showpost.php?p=12293&postcount=2

If you continue to experience this problem after trying these things please let us know.

info368164

Hallo,

first solution (common_installation_issues.pdf) no effect...

Second solution (corruption of configuration folder)... now is a problem for me to uninstall e reinstall 42 extensions (too time)... but if it's that, why the 3.1.2 works correctly?

Thank you
Regards
Luca

Eric Mittman

Renaming the configuration folder will cause you to uninstall then reinstall your extensions. With the error you are getting the problem might be one with the installation files. Renaming the configuration folder and re-installing the extension might clear up the problem. These are the first steps that we take when dealing with errors like the ones you are getting. If the issue persists for you after trying this then I can open a ticket for you so the problem can be looked into further.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...