close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to change date input form in Email?

Thread began 7/07/2010 2:40 pm by tone397472 | Last modified 7/09/2010 11:03 am by Eric Mittman | 1492 views | 5 replies |

tone397472

How to change date input form in Email?

Hi, I use a calendar for date input on a form, but the problem is that the date is printed after the word: inputcal1: 23-8-2010 in the mail that's send. Would it be possible to write a line of code in the mail from UE4 to change the word "inputcal1" in "Date"? So I get the result in the mail that's send: Date: 23-8-2010 instead of inputcal1: 23-8-2010.
Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The value that you see for the label in the email that is sent is based on the name of the form element on the page, if you can you should try updating the name of the element with the value you would like to see for the label.

If this is not an option I can show you how to update this in the code itself if you post back with a copy of your webassist folder from your site and the page with the UE server behavior on it in a zip archive.

tone397472

Hi Eric, I've also included a note with a mail example:

I don't think the page is functional, because I had to take some images out to upload, but you can still read the code.

This is what I get:
inputcal1: 27-9-2010

This is what I try to get:
Datum: 27-9-2010

Of course I did put a label in front of the code but I don't know how to change the input name in a way it changes the output.

Some help is much appreciated.

Attached Files
EricWA.zip

Eric Mittman

It looks like the input name is created dynamically so updating it in the form will not work. I have updated the Blank.php page in the webassist > email > templates folder to account for this. It should print out Datum instead of inputcal1. Please give this a try with the udpated page and let us know how it works for you.

Attached Files
Blank.php.zip

tone397472

Hi Eric, Thank you very much! It works.
Is it also possible that the label name get printed instead of the input name?

Eric Mittman

With the template that you have it will always use the name of the element for the label in the email message unless you do like I have done and use a strreplace() function to look for a particular value and replace it with another.

There is another way that you can edit the email message though. In DW you can drag and drop the form bindings on the page where you would like to see the data, and type in your own labels. To do this you need to go to the bindings tab and choose bindings > form data and select the form page, this will add in the form bindings from this page to the bindings panel. You can then drag and drop them onto the page where you would like to seem them. It would be a good idea to make a backup of the page before you edit it like this though just in case.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...