close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form Builder Wish List

Thread began 7/07/2010 9:46 am by tone397472 | Last modified 7/14/2010 2:05 am by tone397472 | 1149 views | 4 replies |

tone397472

Form Builder Wish List

Would it be possible to add a time and date picker from the same library jQuery, because now the way the time is displayed in Form Builder looks a bit strange and ugly compare to the beautiful and editable calendar and ruins the layout from every contact appointment form.
That would be great!

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

You can select a jquery gallery custom scheme nearest to your page/form design (or build and download your own) from jquery's 'theme roller'.

Just place the scripts in same folder as existing ones and link to them from your page (or just rename them to the same as existing).

There are a couple of examples I did HERE

and a sample contact form with custom date-picker HERE

(If you click on the 'Home' link, you can download the mini-site files and customised date-picker code in-situ HERE - click the 'Contact' link for the page with the form with date picker implemented.)

tone397472

Thanks for that neilo! I'm still looking for a "time picker" that can be styled in a way the calendar can be styled so when a form contains the two I have a coherent design.
All suggestions are very welcome!

neilo

Hi Tone,

Sorry - I missed the time bit of the post!

Assuming you are using a jquery time script (ie jquery.timePicker.js), the style should match the other jquery elements if you are referencing the jquery downloaded from the jquery site having chosen your scheme using the theme roller (or selected a preset scheme).

What results are you getting?

An example of a basic time picker - along with an example of a start/finish time with fixed interval can be found here.

Edit: The jquery library (as far as I know) doesn't include a 'native' time picker, and the li element seems to carry a plain white background regardless of scheme. For the example I linked to above, you would just need to edit the css for the li element to match the scheme selected for the datepicker (in the timepicker.css file).

In the same (stripped-down) example here the list css is:

div.time-picker li {
font-size:12px;
background-image: url(list_bg.jpg);
padding: 1px 1px 1px 6px;
cursor: pointer;
}

The list_bg.jpg is an image file roughly matching my date-picker css.

Not sure if that is what you are after - there isn't really much else to the timepicker select list that jquery can latch on to that wouldn't be referenced in your main custom jquery js.

tone397472

Hi neilo thanks a lot! Of course I can do something with this. Thanks!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...