close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Changing log in password has caused problems

Thread began 7/07/2010 7:11 am by nick354316 | Last modified 7/07/2010 12:12 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1341 views | 3 replies |

nick354316

Having finished the installation of PowerCMS2, I added the needed content, and all was good. I was finally ready to turn the site over to my client.

I decided to change the log in password to a simpler one as I was certain that my client would change the one that I had set up.

So I changed the password, confirmed it by entering it again, and hit 'save.'

When I navigated to the page with the CMS content, I got the following error message just above the content edit symbol:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php(58) : eval()'d code on line 1

When, in order to navigate to the login for PowerCMS, I click on an editable region, I get the following error on a blank page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php(58) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php(58) : eval()'d code:1) in /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php(58) : eval()'d code:1) in /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 67

When I navigate via the address bar of the browser to the PowerCMS log in page, I get the log in page, but the following errors are found at the top of the page:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php(58) : eval()'d code:1) in /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 5

When I then try to log in (blindly hoping that I would be able to get in), I get the following error messages:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php(58) : eval()'d code:1) in /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/admin/users_login.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php(58) : eval()'d code:1) in /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/admin/users_login.php on line 48

The page with the editable content is a page that you need to be able to log in in order to view it. I used Security Assist to create the page(s). I intitally got error messages after the initial install. I then checked the forums, and saw the entry that indicated that line 5 of the WA_CMS.php page should be commented out. I did that (just the commented out part), and everything worked.

The problem came when I changed the password. In the interest of expediting this, I am including a zip with the files listed in the error messages, and the page that contains the editable content.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this. I desperately need to get this turned over to my very, very anxious client.

Attached Files
tech files.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

change line 58 of the WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php file:

php:
eval("\$WAGLOBAL_".$value[$x][4]."='".replaceTokens($value[$x][1],$tabs)."';");

to:

php:
eval("\$WAGLOBAL_".$value[$x][4]."='".addslashes(replaceTokens($value[$x][1],$tabs))."';");

nick354316

Hi Jason - Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this. I changed the line of code, and the error messages have disappeared and I am able to log in.

Unfortunately, I am no longer able to edit the content. When I clicked 'edit,' I am taken to the Content Editing page, and a dialog box immediately pops up with the heading of "Message from webpage," and the message "Toolbar set "Custom" doesn't exist." And the only option is to click OK, and close the window.

I have attached a png of the dialog box.

Thanks again.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
login.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...