close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping not working and paypal failure

Thread began 7/06/2010 2:57 pm by warrenphillips25336771 | Last modified 8/03/2010 2:16 pm by Eric Mittman | 3994 views | 21 replies |

warrenphillips25336771Beta Tester

Shipping not working and paypal failure

Hi

Ok I have got ecart so chnaged the ecart object and added shipping fee, no shipping is showing when going through the cart, I have it set so that if the total is less than and equal to £500 it will charge £75 to ship, when I go through a dummy run, the shipping is not being added,

then when i go through the paypal thing it fails when I log in saying an error occured when I clicked login,

there is only one product to test on the site under oak, the site is (www).timberwiseuk.com

You will see what I mean

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I did not see any errors after logging into PayPal I was redirected back to the confirm page where I can see all of the details of the transaction minus the shipping charges. If you are getting to the checkout failure page then you will need to add in the debug code to this page to determine what the problem might be. You can get the details about the transaction by putting in this code on your failure page:

php:
<?php  

if(!session_id()) session_start();   
echo(
"Direct Pay Full Request :<br />");  
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"]:""."</code><br /><br />");  
echo(
"Direct Pay Full Response :<br />");  
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]:""."</code><br /><br />"); 
echo(
"PayPal Express Checkout requests and responses :<br />");   
echo(
"Auth request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Auth Result: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Auth_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Get Request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Get Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Result'])?$_SESSION['"ECO_Get_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Preocess request: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Process_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Process Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
?>

As for the shipping charge it should show on the confirm page if it has been triggered. After updating the shipping charge rule did you upload your cart files to the server? You will need to do this before you can see the shipping charge. If you have any further problems with the shipping post back with a copy of your cart in a zip archive.

Still No joy

Hi eric

Thanks for the quick response. I did upload the files and still not working, Where do i send the files to?? Also changed the confirm page so that it takes GBP instead of USD but still it is only taking USD, but when going to paypal no details are showing of prices or anything as it normally does on paypals site.

There are a few problems with this out of the box system but am sure we can crack it to work, just need to know where to send these files please

Still no joy

Been working on this, opened the ecart object and the shipping i added is there, also what is more frustrating is that the site is being done in USD when I specified GBP, need to get this sorted for my client, any ideas on why this is happening?

thanks in advance

Eric Mittman

You can attach the files to your reply by uploading the zip archive that contains the files. When I tested this out I was able to login to PayPal and return to the confirm page with all of the value showing except for the shipping. Is this not the same result that you are getting currently? If you are getting a different result please post back with some screen shots so we have a reference for what you are seeing.

One of the problems with updating PowerStore to work with custom shipping charges is that the entire PowerStore was designed to work in it's default state and making updates to the site with eCart can have other effects on the site. This is why we do not support customizing the PowerStore.

Few pointers

Hi Eric

Thanks for that, I can pass the details to paypal ok now. Reset the cache, but it is still in usd and I changed it to gbp.

What files should I attach?

As for postage I am very disheartened at this, not all clients use ups or fedex and a my clients live in the uk, so for no support on how to allow us to add shipping charges I feel is not right, as you only seemed to have thought of the us clientel, is there a way to do this shipping for everybody who is not in the USA

Files As Requested

Hi eric

I am adding the cart files, hope these are what you need, 2 Problems I have found

1: Shipping, as in my previous thread I feel we should be able to customise shipping, I need the shipping included in all my carts, I have added a trigger to the ecart object but that is not working, it should be anything below and equal to £500 must get a £75 delivery charge

2: Paypal is charging in USD even though I changed it to GBP, Is this a bug? Once again i need this to be for the uk.

I understand I may seem a little funny, but you have a global database of customers here and you only seem to want to add customisation for your american customers, please think of adding support for your other customers as we are finding it difficult to customise the store.

thanks for the help

Attached Files
WA.zip

Eric Mittman

Your shipping rule looks like it is setup correctly to charge 75 if the total is greater than 500. When I try to test the rule I have only the one test item to work with. The price of this item is 200. I'm not able to have more than one of this item in the cart as the quantity is not available. In order to test out the shipping any further I would need to be able to add 500 or more worth of goods to the cart.

It looks like the currency is correctly set to GBP on your confirm page, how about the pp_confirm page? On the checkout page you will need to adjust line 56 to use GBP instead of USD like this:

php:
$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[1][$nextIndex] = "GBP";

You will also need to check on the pp_confirm page to ensure that the currency matches there, if you have any trouble with it post back with a copy of your pp_confirm page.

Paypal Sorted Shipping not

Hi eric

Thanks for the paypal thing, added that adn it works.

still can't get the shipping to work, added updated files to you, also on the site added goods worth $2000 so it should work now, I am trying to get it so that if the total amount is less than £600 (before tax) then £75 shipping must be added, if total is more than £600 (before tax) then shipping is free

sorry to be a pain, if you get it sorted can you please explain what you did as I would like to learn how to use these products more effectively.

many thanks

Attached Files
WA.zip

Eric Mittman

I tested out your shipping rule by creating a new test add to cart page with a display manager on it. When I added an item that was less than 600 it would show the shipping charge. It seems a little off to me though, it is adding the total of the all the items plus 75. If you just wanted to charge 75 then you would use a flat rate and enter 75 for the amount.

It looks like your confirm page would show the shipping charge on it so long as you met the requirements of the rule. The default shopping cart page for PowerStore will not show the shipping regardless, this is as designed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...