close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Need help

Thread began 6/02/2009 9:42 am by coinandbullion379666 | Last modified 6/03/2009 4:15 pm by Ray Borduin | 4760 views | 11 replies |

coinandbullion379666

Need help

Hi
I got the supersuite a while back, basically trying to create something like this
cbcent_TEST_2.htm
but can't figure out what should i do since i am new to this.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

thanks

sean

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Start by making the page look correct. Then try to add the functionality.

The reality is that it may be difficult to do this without at least a small amount of hand code. Regardless Webassist tools won't help you make a page that looks like that.

You will need to use Dreamweaver Recordsets, Repeat regions, and forms in conjunction with a database in order to create a page that looks like that. Once you have it looking the way you want then you can start worrying about how to add the checked items to the cart.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

coinandbullion379666

Need help

Hi
Thanks Ray,
this is just an html page i am still trying to figure out how to setup the database.
Can you suggest as any code.

Thanks
Regards
sean

coinandbullion379666

idea

Hi Ray

I think this is a good example for further improving eacart suppose you guys can add a template like this.

sean

coinandbullion379666

Try

Hi Ray

As per your suggestions i tried something take a look at this

cbmorg_1.php

this is out of just a simple database
but now say the user checks 10 items then hits add to cart do you think ecart can that?

Thanks

sean

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The next step is to get the checkboxes to filter a recordset. Once you have a recordset filtered with the checked results, then eCart can add all of the products from the recordset to the eCart.

coinandbullion379666

Try

Hi
Thanks Ray

But can you give me a hint as to how do i filter this.

thanks

sean

Ray BorduinWebAssist

DataAssist Search will help tremendously when trying to filter a recordset based on the results of a form post. I would start there.

coinandbullion379666

Try

Hi Ray

When filtering i get the variables url parameter, form variable, cookie,session,sever variable,entered value.
I think it should be either form or cookie or can be session too, can you correct me
also there has to be one button for add to cart so its going to be that user can check
multiple items and add at once to checkout.
I am getting there with datassist but a little confused still.

Thanks

sean

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Take it one step at a time.

Don't worry about the add to cart yet. That will be the easy part.

You will be filtering from the results of a form post. All your checkboxes should be within a single form with a single submit button (later to act as the add to cart button, but like I said don't worry about that yet).

I don't think you need cookies or sessions to create your filter it can all be done from the form.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...