close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Customize CSS always reverts back to the first item in the list

Thread began 6/28/2010 10:52 am by sandy170299 | Last modified 8/16/2010 7:05 am by Jason Byrnes | 3276 views | 15 replies |

sandy170299

Customize CSS always reverts back to the first item in the list

This is what I am doing:
1. I am choosing a design type (2 column fixed, left sidebar, header and footer)
2. I am choose a design (slate)
3. it appears correctly in my preview

But when I choose Customize CSS, it selects the first design in the list, which happens to be a custom layout of mine. No matter which design I choose from the list, it always reverts back to the first one and brings that design up for modification.

Yes, I am using the latest version of CSS Sculptor.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

I will attach an updated copy of the wacs_quickinsert.js file that you should replace your current one located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\Commands

Note, the path will be different for different Dreamweaver versions and Operating systems. To find the Configuration directory, you can follow the steps outlined in the common installation issue:
common_installation_issues.pdf

Attached Files
wacs_quickinsert.js.zip

sandy170299

Perfect. Thank you!

nancy19533

style reverts back to Cabo ..

I just downloaded the CSS Sculptor today and am having the same issue. I customize the colors out the wazoo and lose them all the second I click back into the CSS to make changes .. it goes back to Cabo (first on the list) with default colors and everything I did is gone.

Very annoying .. I really hope this is because I don't know what I'm doing with this thing .. at this point, I'm tempted to return it. :(

Jimmy Wu

Originally Said By: nancy19533
  I just downloaded the CSS Sculptor today and am having the same issue. I customize the colors out the wazoo and lose them all the second I click back into the CSS to make changes .. it goes back to Cabo (first on the list) with default colors and everything I did is gone.

Very annoying .. I really hope this is because I don't know what I'm doing with this thing .. at this point, I'm tempted to return it. :(  

Did you follow the steps I outlined in my first response to the thread? We are working on getting a release to fix this issue, but it is still in the testing phase.

nancy19533

deleting the wincache? Yes, I did that .. it seemed worse after I did so, but that might be my imagination. I can easily choose to create a CSS Sculptor page, select any layout other than Cabo and the second I click on Customize CSS, I can see it change back to Cabo in the window. Every time.

Unfortunately, this makes the extension unusable and now that I find out it was a known issue, I feel a bit disgruntled that you are selling it anyway.

Feel free to put me on the testing team .. I have done this sort of thing for years on various products and extensions.

I believe there is only a 15 day window for a refund. Obviously, the issue needs to be fixed with ample time after the fix is finished for user testing before the refund window is closed. If such is not the case, refunds are definitely in order.

Justin Nemeth

Jimmy posted a file above that will fix the issue. Follow his steps on how to replace it and the issue will be fixed.

-justin

sandy170299

Actually, I just noticed that the "fix" deleted all of my saved presets. How can I get them back now, or are they lost for good? Bummer...

Justin Nemeth

Jimmy's fix shouldn't affect the presets at all since its just a single file. Have you checked the preset manager to see if they are still listed there?

sandy170299

Most of them are gone - only one preset that I created and saved is in the list. All the rest (probably four of them) are gone.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...