close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart not binding orders & order details

Thread began 6/27/2010 6:52 am by mora398588 | Last modified 7/11/2010 1:14 pm by alizamp405574 | 1722 views | 6 replies |

mora398588

eCart not binding orders & order details

I recently noticed that my confirm.php page is not posting data to my products database. I have attempted to go into the server behaviors to update the bindings, but I either I have made a serious error or the trigger is not doing the trick, I am uncertain.

Could you take a look at my file (see attachment) and advise on any errors you may find.

Thank you.

Attached Files
confirm.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

since you are using a remote checkout out, your checkout form posts to the gateway server:
<form name="checkout_AN_Cmp_Hid" action="https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll" method="post">

in this case, you must store the order information when the checkout posts to the confirm page. you cannot store the order information when the confirm page posts.

mora398588

So, do you recommend that I copy and paste or move the code posting the orders and order details data to the checkout.php page in lieu of the confirm page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, use the Any Form Post trigger instead of triggering of the confirm button being pressed.

mora398588

Another Problem

Jason, I followed your instructions and, at first, it began to work just fine; data was being posted to the database.

Now that things were looking up, I proceeded to update my customer order history page to make sure that it was pulling data successfully. At first, it was not showing any order history (after submitting a couple of test purchases). So I looked up your solution recipe for creating a customer order history page and noticed that the confirm.php page was not posting the UserID to the database for the history page to reference. So, I modified the code and included the UserID session variable. After saving all my pages, I performed a test run.

Well, I noticed that the confirm.php page, once again, was not posting data anymore. At first I thought that maybe the database was not recognizing a particular field in the confirm page...that did not seem to be the problem (from what I observed). Interestingly enough, it was populating / updating the UserID's for all previous orders that I posted just awhile back. I ran a couple of more tests, but the confirm page just was not posting. I am at a loss once again.

I am uncertain as to whether the db is the problem (the OrderUserID is an integer(11) no null and no default...the db has the OrderUserID as an INDEX connected to the file OrderUserID). The confirm page is configured to post using any form post.

I am in need of your assistance once again. Please reference another copy of my file as it is now. Thank you.

Attached Files
confirm.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

as long as the checkout page is posting to the confirm page, this will be adding the information to the database.

Have you checked the database directly for the order? or are you just using the order History page.

there is no problem that I can see in the code that would cause the order not to be stored in the database. check the database directly to make sure.

alizamp405574

follow up to Mora's msg

I have the same problem and would like to know if you were able to solve the database problem.
My db settings/trigger is identical to yours and yet it is not working, not collecting any data and don't know what to do anymore, everything works perfectly except db.
By inserting the trigger it has caused another problem as well, the customer information is not passed thru anymore to Authorize Net, the $/tax/shipping all is passed on to authorize net but not the info entered by the customer.
So now I'm dealing with 2 new problems and feeling totally lost.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...