close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installation issue at step 2: "template does not exist"

Thread began 6/26/2010 1:52 pm by nick354316 | Last modified 7/07/2010 6:40 am by nick354316 | 2928 views | 12 replies |

nick354316

I'm trying to install Power CMS on a live server. All the initial checks are fine. Once I enter the database, user, etc. information, I get the following error message:

ERROR: The SQL template does not exist. Please re-upload the install folder to your server.

I have uploaded the files several times, and I have done a file count on the files in the zip, and the files that I uploaded on the server, and they match.

The database is set up properly.

Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Look in your install/scripts directory and make sure that there is a file named db.sql there. That is the sql template that is being searched for when this error occurs. If the file is not there, make sure you upload it to that directory.

nick354316

Hi Jimmy - The file is in the directory. I opened it, and it opens without a problem. Please look in the attached zip. Every file down to the last bit has been uploaded.

I also imported the db successfully, but the installation wizard didn't like that either. You can see more in the attached zip.

Thanks!

ammended 06/28/10 3:16pm

Attached Files
Jimmy_Wu.zip

Justin Nemeth

Try doing a quick edit to the install/2.php file. Change line 103 from

php:
$sql = @file_get_contents('scripts/db.sql');

to

php:
$sql = @file_get_contents(dirname($_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]) . '/scripts/db.sql');

And see if that fixes it.

-justin

nick354316

Hi Justin - That didn't do it. I just get the same error message.

I really need to get this resolved, as this is the only thing preventing my client from going live with the site. Thank you again for your help.

neilo

I did get a message like this one(?) on one test install. I think it was the same - and I think I deleted all tables from my database, deleted install folder from server, cleared my cache and re-uploaded fresh install folder.

I admit I wasn't paying too much attention to the details, as I assumed I had made a mistake. You have probably done that same sequence already, but just thought I would chip in with some useless info, as is my wont.

nick354316

Hi neilo - Thanks for jumping in. Yeah, I did that and just about every variation of it that I could think of, including creating the database from the sql file. But all I got then was an error message along the lines of "database already exists, please delete or," I can't remember the entire thing. I just deleted the database and started over.

So, the problem is still a problem. It seems that it should be far simpler to figure out than it is.

Still needing and appreciating all help.

Justin Nemeth

I would add this line to the top of your 2.php file:

php:
echo dirname($_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]) . '/scripts/db.sql';

and see if that looks like a valid path to the file. My guess is there is some setting on your server that is changing the directory and that is making the script appear to be not found. Another fix could be putting the full absolute path to the db.sql file in that call as well.

nick354316

Hi Justin - I added the code to the 2.php as you had suggested. I also put the full absolute path into the file. Both resulted in the following error varying only in the path. This is the errror I received with your first script suggestion:

/home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/install/scripts/db.sql
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/install/2.php:2) in /home3/argoctsc/public_html/franksproduce/powercms/install/global.php on line 2

It mentions line 2 of the global.php file. Here are the first few lines of that code:

1 <?php
2 session_start();
4 //check if install has been run before
5 if(file_exists('../Connections/installed.txt')) {
6 header('Location: ../admin/index.php');
7 exit();

I am hoping that this error puts us on the right track.

A couple of additional notes about the error:

The error initially shows up right after the database information is entered (and yes, even with the new error, I still get the "template does not exist" error message).

When I attempt to do the installation again by going back to Step 1 of the wizard, I get the new error between Step 1 and Step 2, rather than between Step 2 and Step 3.

In addition, there was something new with the wizard interface. The Server Diagnostics window was corrupt. This hadn't happened with my previous attempts. I have included a png of the dialog box in the attached zip file.

FYI - I have downloaded the PowerCMS zip file several times, and with each attempt at installation, deleted the folder with the files (powercms), cleared my browser cache, attempted installation with three different browsers, etc., in order to avoid any overlapping problems.

And if you need them, and in the interest of getting this resolved, I have included a few of the relevant files in the attached zip file.

Thanks again for your help.

Attached Files
cms.zip

Justin Nemeth

That path seems correct, the error is produced is just a side effect of printing something to the screen before the session_start call, so no need to focus on that.

The issue seems to be your web server is changing the directory that PHP thinks it is in, so all of the require/include/file_get_contents lines that use relative paths are incorrect. My guess is the fix would have to be adding dirname($_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]) . to any path throughout the files.

That will likely take a while though, so a better way would be to ask your web host why the directory is being changed on the web server. I am assuming they have a setting in place that is causing this issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...