close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

on submission of the form, thankyou.php doesn't come up

Thread began 6/26/2010 1:48 am by nick354316 | Last modified 6/28/2010 11:34 am by Jimmy Wu | 2076 views | 5 replies |

nick354316

The contact form works as it should: Click on submit, and the email is sent. However, once the submit button is pressed, rather than the thankyou.php coming up to verify that the form email was sent, the contact form returns, ready to be filled out again.

The user has no confirmation that the form information was sent.

I am working in Dreamweaver CS3, and do have Universal Email version 4, which may not be pertinent, but just in case you need to know.

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Nick,

The thankyou.php page is specified in this bit of code (just before the DOCTYPE declaration) usually at or near line 34:

//Send Mail All Entries
if ("index.php"!="") {
header("Location: thankyou.php");
}

If you haven't changed that, then it may be that another problem is preventing the redirect.

Could you zip the contactus.php page and upload it here? It might help also if you could provide a link to the page.

nick354316

Hi neilo - Thank you for your response. I did a search on the code of the page and didn't see any mention of 'thankyou.php.' I have attached a copy of the contact page. Any help you can give will be welcomed.

Jimmy Wu

That doesn't look like the default contactus.php file that in included in the contact form solution pack. What changes did you make to the page before this stage?

It looks like you will want to change this line:
$GoToPage = "";

to look like this:
$GoToPage = "thankyou.php";

nick354316

thank you message not displayed once contact form is submitted.

Hi Jimmy - Thanks for the help. It's working now.

It didn't work when I entered just the 'thankyou.php.' I received a 'page not found' error. As I recently went live with the site, I entered the full http path to the file, and it worked.

As far as changes, all I really did was apply my own template to the form. I must have somehow inadvertently deleted the one line of code. Regardless, it is working now.

All I need now to finish the site is the resolution to my other two support items.

Thank you for your help with the thank you, Jimmy! My frustration with that issue is officially over.

Jimmy Wu

Great to hear it. If you run into any additional issues, feel free to open a new thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...