close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

getTagProp not defind

Thread began 6/25/2010 10:44 am by John Langer | Last modified 1/03/2011 9:31 am by Jason Byrnes | 3316 views | 22 replies |

John LangerBeta Tester

getTagProp not defind

This was happening with CT312 installed. I've just installed v313 and still get the error.

If I try and run the behaviour "Clear Session Values" I get a warning dialog box that says:

"While executing onLoad in WACT_ClearSession.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 357 of file
"C;\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\DreamweaverCS%\en_US\Configuration\Shared|WebAssist\Cookies\Library\WA_configuration.js":
getTagProp is not defind"

I've deleted the WinCache file and recreated it. I don't really want to recreate the Configuration folder unless it's absolutely necessary and, as I've said, I've uninstalled Cookies toolkit 312 and installed CT313.

Line 357 of that file says, " return [getTagProp(tXML, "macromedia-extension", "name"), getTagProp(tXML, "macromedia-extension", "version"), getTagProp(findTag(tXML, "author", true), "author", "name")];"

Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Unfortunately it looks like there is another extension that is interfering with that server behavior. You will have to delete the configuration directory to get around it currently. We'll have to do some more testing to look into which extension is causing the interference.

Sign in to reply to this post

paulshoe379536

I too am having the same problem (capture of error dialog attached).

I have uninstalled all 19 of my WebAssist extensions and reinstalled. I did not uninstall extensions from other sources. This did not resolve the issue. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time to uninstall and re-install extensions. I hoping there is a solution that will not require me to do this again.

Using "Set Cookie Values" works.
When I access "Set Session Values" it launches the "eCart" activation screen.

Sign in to reply to this post

John LangerBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  Unfortunately it looks like there is another extension that is interfering with that server behavior. You will have to delete the configuration directory to get around it currently. We'll have to do some more testing to look into which extension is causing the interference.  


Thanks for the reply Jimmy. Are you actually looking into this now, or is it something for the future? I'f it's now, I'll hold on for a fix as deleting the config folder is a real pain, and if it's another extension interferring then it's likely to return anyway.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Its something we're looking into for a future release, since it will take quite a bit of QA time to determine which extensions are causing the issue.

Sign in to reply to this post

John LangerBeta Tester

OK Jimmy, thanks for the feedback.

Just off the top of my head (and I could be wrong) I'm sure CT worked fine until I installed Site Sculpture. Just an idea of where to start looking...

I'll leave things as they are until I really need that part (clear sessions) of the CT extension.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Thanks for letting us know your experience. It'll definitely help with determining the cause if Site Sculptor is the cause.

Sign in to reply to this post

mrs

Just to confirm, I am getting this error and I too have site sculptor.

Have you tried uninstalling both CT and SS, and then just installing CT again? I think I am going to try this, but just a thought!

I'll let you know if it makes a difference. And another thought; during initial installation of CT, I had a message that said an newer version of something or other existed, but, CT's update to CS5 came a few days after SS was released. Don't know if that's useful...

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Thanks for that feedback. If uninstalling like that fixes the issue, please post back and let us know.

Sign in to reply to this post

weboholic

I have cleaned the user folder in roaming (win 7) and installed cookie toolkit, universal email and security assist in this order. After installing security assist cookie toolkit stop working with the known issue. I hope this helps to uncover the bug.

Sign in to reply to this post
loading

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...