close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DA Wizard error - repeatable

Thread began 6/25/2010 6:09 am by rick178787 | Last modified 7/07/2010 3:44 am by rick178787 | 2726 views | 13 replies |

rick178787

DA Wizard error - repeatable

see attached screen shot. The error message is:

Notice: Undefined Index xxxxxxxxx on line 188

This also happened before I recast the sql query to CONCAT_WS as well on pages last week before I started over.

DA 207
DW CS 5
PHP 5
MySQL 5
OS X

Rick

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of your page so I can examine the code.

rick178787

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  please send a copy of your page so I can examine the code.  

How do you upload a php file? here it is as a txt file

Attached Files
Source_Insert.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to send a php file, you need to compress it into a zip file and attach the zip.

when you are using a function like CONCAT_WS, you need to add an alias to refer to the result by. for example

CONCAT_WS(', ', Author.AuthorLN, 	Author.AuthorFN) AS AuthorLnFn

then to refer to the concatenated result, use:

php:
<?php echo $row_WADADynListAuthor['AuthorLnFn']?>

rick178787

let's try this again

thanks, good catch. I should have selected a different page to send instead of the one I was working on.

The attached txt file is the WA DA Wizard generated code. The only changes I made were to the text column names and to set up the menu record sets--all using the wizard. No code was changed or added.

The second upload is a jpg of a screenshot of the same issue as in the last posts on this regarding the drop downs. Note that the database actually reads the database because the last word in the drop down on both is what's in the file.

Rick

Attached Files
Source_Results.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the WADASource does not return those two columns:

$query_WADASource = "SELECT SourceID, Source_Title FROM Source";

change that to:
$query_WADASource = "SELECT SourceID, Source_Title, SourceType, AuthorSource_FK FROM Source";

rick178787

Yeah, I get that

the point is that THE WIZARD is constructing those record sets, not me. I'm just clicking the buttons in the wizard. I could hand edit them, but the wiz isn't working right.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I've not been able to reproduce this problem running the Data Assist wizard.

Perhaps if you provide a step by step account of what selections you are making while running the wizard, it will help me see what is causing the issue.

rick178787

Oh well,...

First of all, did you try doing a full set of pages in the wizard, not just one? I've noticed that this error moves around and can be on anyone of the pages where the wizard has generated a recordset for one of the 4 dropdown lists. Of course, I only have to define a RS for a DD list once and then that setting is propagated to any other pages that use that DB column.

1. I'm working on blank php pages that I'll style later.
2. the db is defined and DW connects. WA sees the db and can define RSs.
3. since this is a personal site and an new project just for myself, I'm working on the live server or to put it another way, the testing server and the remote sever are the same.
4. I'm building from the backend forward, so I've completed several smaller Admin sets using the Wiz to add, delete, and modify DB records, all of them just tiny drop downs with only two columns an ID and a Item.

This is the most complicated form set I've tried to get the Wiz to build for me.

There are 10 steps in the full wizard. Do you really want a blow by blow of each move I make?

Boy, I really miss Interakt and the DTB. Frankly, I could have saved myself a lot of time and money by just building these forms the old way with the native DW data tools.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, I have used data assist many times to create a full set of pages creating the pages to use certain columns as menus and not been able to reproduce the problem.

The columns that are included in the select statement created by data assist are the columns you select to display for that page.

Only if you remove the column form the page in the wizard will the recordset be created with it that column in the select statement.

There is some setting you are changing while running the wizard that is causing the issue.
Perhaps if you could take a screen capture of each page of the wizard, this will help see where the problem is coming from.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...