close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Really messed up database...

Thread began 6/24/2010 10:58 am by julie383376 | Last modified 6/24/2010 11:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 916 views | 1 replies |

julie383376

Really messed up database...

I need to clean up my customer's database.

They have been entering their products, and in the last few weeks they've experienced a lot of 500 Internal Server Errors when doing their Advanced Options (which I think is happening because they are timing out..).

I looked at their products table with MySQL Query Browser. I noticed they have multiple instances of the same product. For example, FAN-OWH-AS-SS is in the database *19 times,* each with a different product ID. There are other items that appear multiple times, too.

I'm sure this happened because they timed out, thought the product wasn't in there, then entered it again.

If I look in Admin at their products, I only see the one item, so I doubt I can delete them there. Can I delete them in MySQL Query Browser?

They have screwed things up so bad, I don't know if we can get back to good... I'm even considering starting over with a clean database. Can we do that? Even better, can we clear out just the parts relating to products (keeping the settings, content info, etc.)?

As always, thank you for your patience and help.

~J

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, you should be able to delete the products from the products table using the MySQL Query Browser.

the query browser will also have a command to truncate the table, you can use this to delete all of the data in the table, but leave the table structure in place. you cou;d perform the truncate command on all of the tables except the settings table to get the database back to the beginning without removing the settings.

Sign in to reply to this post

julie383376

This post has been deleted.

julie383376

Dang... I take that back

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...