close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Content not displaying after inserting Developer Notes

Thread began 6/24/2010 7:52 am by imcgrieves281848 | Last modified 6/28/2010 3:43 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1856 views | 6 replies |

imcgrieves281848

Content not displaying after inserting Developer Notes

Guys

I have bought Power CMS and followed the instruction closely. I have managed to get the CMS loaded and into admin. After that instructions for making it work are non existent. I have tried creating content areas and using developer notes on a php page but nothing works. Is there anything out there to talk me through it?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

There shouldn't be anything else in addition to copying the developer notes to the page. Make sure you're adding the developer notes into the code view if you're using Dreamweaver and make sure to not insert it between the opening and closing of some php tags.

imcgrieves281848

Next!

Thanks for you response Jimmy. I have pasted the developer notes into a content div on the home page. When I do the page displays as blank. See: www.oxeyes.org. If we remove the code the page (simple boxes for testing) appears. Any ideas?

I have seen on the FAQ page about this:

===========================================================

"The content is not appearing on my page.
On some servers, the Developer Notes will not display properly and instead will appear something like:

<?php
include('/home/users/mysite/CMS/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, '@@content-group@@', '@@content-ref@@', false@@order@@);
?>

Follow these steps to fix this issue:

1. Within your PowerCMS files, open the Fuel.php.js file found in the js/lighter/ directory.
2. Change lines 64 - 65, which currently look like this:

start: this.strictRegExp('<?php', '<?=', '<%', '<script language="php">'),
end: this.strictRegExp('?>', '%>', '</script>')

to this:

start: this.strictRegExp('<'+'?php', '<'+'?=', '<'+'%', '<scr'+'ipt language="php">'), end: this.strictRegExp('?'+'>', '%'+'>', '</scr'+'ipt>')

3. Save this file and upload it to your live server, replacing the original file.
4. View any Developer Notes now and the @@area-name@@ references will be replaced with the correct reference.

=============================================

I've done this and no change. Any ideas? I have a feeling it is something simple!

Another question if I may? My customer wants to place Word docs on his pages for people to open and print as you might on a normal web page. Can he do this in the HTML editor?

Looking forward to your reply as this has been an annoying problem!!! Webassist stuff is usually good!

Yours

Ian

imcgrieves281848

correction

Sorry I meant CMS admin not HTML editor!

Ian

Jimmy Wu

when a page displays blank, it means a php error is occurring.

to turn error reporting on add the following coed at line 1:

php:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

As for setting up downloading of doc files, the best way to get this done is to use Digital File Pro or Universal Email 4 to set up an area where the client can upload files and then using the same extension set up a download for the files. If you need help with that, please post a new thread for it in the Universal Email forum.

imcgrieves281848

Progress or not

Nope - didnt work. I am displaying remoteley as dont' have a local server set up. I also noticed you cant see the page code using view source so here it is:

======================================

<?php error_reporting(E_ALL);ini_set('display_errors','on');?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<link href="sample.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

<body>
<div class="container">
<div class="header"></div>
<div class="navigation"></div>
<div class="content"> <?php
include('/home/sites/oxeyes.org/public_html/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, '@@content-group@@', '@@content-ref@@', false@@order@@);
?> </div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

=====================================

You can see the error reprting code at the top an the 'content code' in the content div.

What am I doing wrong?

Ian

Jimmy Wu

That's interesting, the developer notes aren't being generated correctly for your CMS. They should look something like this:
<?php
include('/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/PCMS2/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, 'test', 'Content', false);
?>

Try changing the developers notes in this way:
Replace the @@content-group@@ with what is filled in the Content Location drop down while editing the content in the admin section.
Replace the @@content-ref@@ with what is filled in the Content Area text box while editing the content in the admin section.
Then remove the @@order@@.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...