close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

add comments at checkout ?

Thread began 6/23/2010 6:56 pm by kevindoherty40186106 | Last modified 6/25/2010 6:51 pm by Jimmy Wu | 7593 views | 5 replies |

kevindoherty40186106

add comments at checkout ?

I sure hope someone can point me in the right direction. I was told by a webassist rep on the phone that I could customize form fields sent in the checkout process with powerstore using the dreamweaver form extension.

I havent purchased this yet because I wanted to see what the checkout process looked like and then saw there is not even a place for a customer to add comments to the order on checkout.

I essentially need the ability for people to be able to add a PO number to their order request on check out and have this be an optional field.

Is this possible?
any direction, help, advice is greatly appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

You can make modifications to the checkout form, but if it requires too much customization, it isn't something that will be supported.

Wouldn't the user be able to add a PO box number as part of the address?

What kind of comments were you looking to have the user input at the end of the form? You would basically need to add the form field and then in the store order details server behavior insert the value from the form field you added as well.

kevindoherty40186106

Well, Since posting this I called the pre-sales at web assist and was assured I can update the form using one of their extensions for Form building. Not sure how to approach this or if that is even true. Seems like she just wanted to say yes to anything to make sure I bought it.

I can't have people put PO (purchase order) numbers in the address field unless they update their profile every time they use the store (which is not realistic). Not a fan of putting unrelated data in fields that it doesn't belong in.

Most e-commerce experiences have a place where someone can add special instructions, comments and general information. Surprised Powerstore doesn't.

:(

Jimmy Wu

I didn't know what you meant by PO, I associate PO with Post Office Boxes, that's why I suggested that. Why do you need the user to entere the PO number into the checkout form? There is an order ID for each of the orders.

That would be a good recommendation for the next release of the store. If you could post that in the wishlist forum, it'd be great.

Well, you can modify the form using Form Builder, but after modifying the form, you will have to add some additional changes to get the information stored and inserted into the database as well as sent out into the emails.

kevindoherty40186106

Hey jimmy, thanks for the reply.
The reason why I need the Purchase Order number to be entered is because most vendors and/or buyers that submit purchase orders use their own accounting software which generates this number. This number would be different then the invoice itself. It will not be used in all cases at checkout but would love the ability to be able to add a field at the confirm.php part of the checkout process.

There is no visible form on this page. However, there is a <form> that passes the info from the purchase onwards. Would I be able to add a field here and then add the field variable somewhere in the framework to add to the DB (i would create a field ovbiously) and email and append on the invoice/receipt?

do you guys do custom mods for a fee?
if so could you email me to discuss?
thanks Jimmy

Jimmy Wu

Unfortunately, we don't offer customizations with a fee, but if you wanted, you could post in the job board and one of the other experienced users may be willing to customize your setup for a fee.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...