close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

download documents

Thread began 6/23/2010 11:24 am by mr hankey | Last modified 6/30/2010 12:08 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2421 views | 10 replies |

mr hankey

download documents

Hi,

probably a simple answer from the community but i am not sure how i would display a recordset which has links to my documents to be downloaded?

i have managed to upload the documents successfully but trying to work out how to display the docs for download?

thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

If you have Digital File Pro or Universal Email 4, you can set up a download file server behavior that will allow the user to download the files. You can bind the value to a recordset value and loop through the recordset in a repeat region to display multiple downloads.

mr hankey

thanks jimmy,

so do i need to apply a form with a button to trigger first then a repeat table before i apply the download server behaviour?

just not sure what order as when i just click to add UE4 download server behaviour it asks for a trigger straight away.

thanks again

Jimmy Wu

You would want to add a button in a form in the repeat region. You will want to dynamically set the name of the button to be based on a column in your database. Then you would use the button as the trigger by clicking on the lightning bolt icon and selecting the button.

mr hankey

thanks jimmy, after i applied the download behaviour there was no DigitalFilePro folder created so when my page runs it fails as there is no directory.

all other extensions create the folder but this one has not, is there a location for the folder that i could upload?

thanks

mr hankey

noticed in my file it had created a link 'require once digital file pro'

yet in my directory there was a webassist folder then file_manipulation/helperphp.php

i have changed it to this however when i click download, nothing happens.

thanks

Jimmy Wu

Try setting up a download server behavior on a blank page to see if there is anything else that would affect the downloa that's on your current page. Also double check that the relative path to the file is correctly applied as well.

mr hankey

thanks jimmy, tried and still does not work.

same settings as what i am putting into addt download sewrver behaviour when i use it and it works.

should i create a directory called "Digital File Pro" or as the code points to it even though it does not exist?

thanks

Jimmy Wu

Which version of Digital File Pro are you running, what operating system and which version of Dreamweaver are you using?

mr hankey

UE4, tried with DWcs3 and DWcs4.

Windows 7 64 bit.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...