close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power Gallery used in Dynamic Website

Thread began 6/22/2010 1:10 pm by glozinski107205 | Last modified 7/09/2010 10:54 am by Jimmy Wu | 3577 views | 15 replies |

glozinski107205

Power Gallery used in Dynamic Website

Would like to use power gallery for each new real estate listing. What would be the best way to do this.
Create one gallery in which all new listings would be done and then use the link and place inside the database where I would normally put images? or??
Thank you in advance.
G

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Not sure what you mean by:
"Create one gallery in which all new listings would be done and then use the link and place inside the database where I would normally put images? or??"

You would most likely want different galleries for each of the listings since they are different properties and should have different images attached to them.

glozinski107205

Yes, I would have Properties Gallery and then under that Main Gallery I would have Property1, Property2, etc but since I use a database to pull the listings how would I implement the galleries? Perhaps taking a look at what I currently I have would explain better details4.php?ID=281
I would like to display the powergallery instead of this current layout
Thank you
G

Jimmy Wu

You would have to either manually generate the gallery for each of the properties and store the code to add the gallery to the page in the database.

As far as automating generating a gallery, you would have to manually code something do this, so its not supported. I can give you some pointers on what you would have to do, but you will have to implement it yourself. To get the gallery generated, you would have to insert a new row for each gallery into the pg1_gallery table. Then upload the different sized images for each image that the gallery would use with the correct names and insert the correct information for each of the images uploaded into the pg1_gallery_images table. If you decide to go this route, I will not be able to give you much assistance on getting this implemented.

glozinski107205

Gallery in Dynamic Site

Okay, so what I think then is that we both agree. Create the galleries manullay and then paste the gallery link into what would have been my main image column and this should generate the pics...yes? Thank you very much for your feedback
G

Jimmy Wu

Yes, that would be the more simple method as far as coding goes. If you run into any additional issues, feel free to open a new thread.

glozinski107205

Dynamic

Okay so much for being simple
Firstly, which one would I use as far as copying from add to site
1, 2, or 3 in the database to correctly display on the page that I would like to be called from the database? as I cannot get images to work when I use either one at this point
Tx

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Could you explain the situation a little more clearly as to what part you're running into issues with?

glozinski107205

PowerGallery Dynamic

I have a php database where I upload images to. I have placed this in its spot instead of the jpg I now have this in its place
index.php?gallery=1&theme=dark
I need to go from this page featuredproperty.php?ID=281 and when you click on property photos I need to go to details page showing all of the images details4.php?ID=281 but using the database to display the images in the powergallery so I need to know if I used the right add to site php code in the image spot of the database and then I need to know what to do should I place in the details page for code or an image to attach a code to. Tx a bunch!

glozinski107205

need this to be accomplished today, please and thank you. I need to know which of the 3 options to insert into database to pull the images from a recordset and how to attach this image on the detail results page.
Tx
G

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...