close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Irite changing my text style

Thread began 6/19/2010 7:23 am by romeo370381 | Last modified 6/21/2010 8:11 am by Jason Byrnes | 1875 views | 5 replies |

romeo370381

Irite changing my text style

Is there a way, I can keep Irite from changing the style of my page (the text) whenever I output inserted text from the Database, it has its own format even though the body has a particular CSS format linked to it, and even when I specifically add new style to the div holding the text from my database, it style keeps its own style.

I tried, adding a style to use to the irite, but still doesn't really change anything,...

any help on how to do this the right way?

Thx

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Romeo,

Does the editor apply the styles to the finished page, or is it just what you are seeing in the editor area?

If you type in some text to the editor area, and click the 'source' button, does the source show the unwanted formatting?

In iRite (I think) you can specify the initial styles of the editor area in the: fckeditor/editor/css/fck_editorarea.css file (near lines 30-45).

The values entered here should reflect your site's body styles.

romeo370381

I will try this out and will post the result later!

romeo370381

Didn't help, the thing is not only it chaging the out put, sometimes the spacing between paragraph doesn't work. All the paragraph are outputing stack with each other even while inserting the text, I added space between them.

I don't know if I am using this editor in a wrong way, but it just getting on my nerves and there is not a clear guide on webassist about all these problems and questions.

neilo

When you put text in to the editor area, if you click the 'source' button on the editor tool bar, can you see formatting being applied in the html code?

Also, regarding the line spacing, - in your fckeditor/fckconfig.js file at or near line 122, what value does FCKConfig.EnterMode have?

It should ideally be:

FCKConfig.EnterMode = 'p' ; // p | div | br

That should enter a normal paragraph return, and add <p></p> tags to the text entered.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you post a link to a page that displays the problem? It may help us to determine the cause of the issue if we can see the problem in the browser.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...