close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UE sends the message with no content

Thread began 6/18/2010 3:24 pm by digital_7340590 | Last modified 6/23/2010 2:57 pm by design240055 | 1555 views | 5 replies |

digital_7340590

UE sends the message with no content

UE sends the message ok, but has no content in the email. Tried it on an old and new contact form same problem on both. Any ideas. THANKS :-)

Sign in to reply to this post

sadie406824

No Content In Emailed form?

I too have been pain stakingly trying to work with universal email and form builder. Neither seems to be accomplishing the simple task of recording my information in the form and sending it to me via e-mail. If I do some tweaking of the code I can get it to bring up a mail server to send the information when clicking the submit button but no direct sending of the form? What gives. Can't seem to find any info online about it and I am starting to freak out as my deadline is approaching rapidly PLEASE HELP!

Eric Mittman

Using Universal Email to send the contents of a form should be as easy as applying the server behavior to the page that the form is submitting to. When you configure the Universal Email server behavior for the message you can check the box for 'create a file for your email' then select from one of the designs available. The body of the message should contain all of the details that were submitted in the form.

Another way to do this is to use the DW icon to open a new page for the message body. You can then drag and drop the bindings from the form onto the page where you would like to see the information. You may need to go to Bindings > Form Data to get the form bindings onto your page to start.

Please post back and review the steps you are taking in crafting your message that does not have any values. Please also post back with a copy of your file with UE on it as well as a copy of your webassist folder from the site in a zip archive.

sajidkhan398239

any one having issues with submitting emails or they appear to be blank then try using 'create a file for your email' instead. looks pretty and works wonders. I was facing this problem with blank emails but now that I am using 'create a file for your email' I havent had any issues and love the feature. Happy Days.

Eric Mittman

The email presets that we offer when you choose to 'create a file for your email' should work for most scenarios where you would like to send information that was gathered in a form. It will loop over the posted values from the form and list the element and it's value in the body of the message.

design240055

webassist folder, create file & form name in labels

Hey, seems obvious, but it hung me up & appears elsewhere in similar posts, so I thought I'd remind ya'll -- ya gotta be sure to upload the webassist folder that contain, among other things, the email template.

Oh, and be sure to check that "Create a file for your email" checkbox too...

And heck, while I'm here... if you're getting the form name in your labels & don't want 'em check out this thread, important message on it quoted below too:

showthread.php?t=12946&highlight=str_replace

=============

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  It looks like this is a different form, you could do something similar and use this code:

php:
<?php echo(str_replace("Contact me group """str_replace("fieldset group """str_replace("_"," ",$pkey)))); ?>

The reason this happens is because the name of the form is prefixed to the name of the element. The code in the templates is setup to just loop over these values and print the form name and the value for it. The loop will only remove the underscores by default. Adding in this code makes it remove the underscores and the phrases "fieldset group " and "Contact me group ".

Another way you could do this would be to edit the template file and go to the bindings tab and add 'form data' then select the page that has the form on it. This will get the form bindings into the template page, now you can just drag and drop the form values where you would like to see them in the message. You can then make the label say whatever you would like it to say.  

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...