close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form element dependencies

Thread began 6/17/2010 10:05 am by chadhuskey391193 | Last modified 6/18/2010 11:39 am by Eric Mittman | 828 views | 1 replies |

chadhuskey391193

Form element dependencies

I've gotten a bit stuck on something and wanted to see if I could get some help.

I've got a form that has four fields, two of which will be user input. The fields are:

Account Number
Quantity
Size
Price

There are two tables that this will use:

Shirts: Id, Size, Price
Shirt_Order: Id, Shirts_Id, AccountNum, Qty

So the flow is that the customer sees the form and enters their account number and quantity they want to order. They choose the size via a drop down menu and the price will be displayed based on the size chosen in the drop down.

I've got a recordset created for price (text) and size (menu) and they both get populated with data. However I can't figure out how to get the price field to be dependent on what size is chosen.

The other thing is that I need to have the Id from the Shirts table passed to Shirts_Id in the Shirt_Order table. I've added Id to the Size recordset, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go or not.

The last thing I need to do for this page is to display a table, I guess I need a table, at the bottom of the page that will display the rows that have been submitted. Then they can click finish at the bottom of the page to have their order emailed to them.

I'm not sure how to go about doing this part.

This isn't a true commerce site and the orders are going to be exported from the database and put into another system when they are finished. So I haven't gone the route of trying to set it up like a store with a cart, it's basically like an internal site for local YMCA staff to submit shirt orders. But I'm open to suggestions if it looks like I'm doing this the hard way :)

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Making the menus set the price for you like this is not something that any of our tools will do for you. We have a tool that is called Dynamic Dropdowns that will allow you to make multiple dropdowns where the contents of the next list are based on the selection from the first list. You may be able to adapt this to get the price to show but that would require some javascript coding to implement correctly.

You could do something like this with the size dropdown menu on the page that a user makes their selections from. The label can be the name of the size, and the value would be the id. When the form is submitted you can filter a recordset on the submitted size id. You can then use this information to get at the price and display it on the page.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...