close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTMLEditor and | in insert and update transactions.

Thread began 6/16/2010 6:13 pm by neo314 | Last modified 6/18/2010 4:40 pm by Eric Mittman | 2013 views | 5 replies |

neo314

HTMLEditor and | in insert and update transactions.

How can I easily handle the | character as input in HTMLEditor. In the insert and update transactions it breaks the behavior, and when I added it as a character to encode, the input was completely corrupted.

I can add this code to the page, but I should not have to do this every time I use the editor for insert or update. I suggest that this is not a good separator for Data Assist to use, or DA should encode this character before adding the value to the SQL preparation and decode this character in the SQL statement as part of its routine.

<?php
// encode vertical bars
foreach ($_POST as $key => $value) {
$_POST[$key] = str_replace("|", "&#38;#124;",$value);
}
?>

(I fixed the character rendering, thanx)

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This is currently a limitation of DataAssist. Your fix should work to allow the inserts and updates to occur but like you said it will need to be applied manually on DataAssist pages.

For any others that would like to make use of this code the | character was rendered by the forum, you should use this for the replacement value:

&#38;#124;

Both code samples have been updated

neo314

Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the character rending in the posted code by using the numeric representation of "&"

Why not fix the DA extension. It should not be hard to add the encoding at the top of the transaction and then decode it after the value is exploded?

The only possible negative effect of that is someone who uses the numeric code for the character would get it decoded, but which is really the more common issue with that character vs the transaction failing completely?

Eric Mittman

This issue is logged as a bug for DA but I have not ETA on a release with the fix.

neo314

Thanks for letting us know. Have a great weekend.

Eric Mittman

Sorry for not having any more detail about this release, thanks for being understanding. You have a good weekend as well.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...