close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CMS Data Forms and Interactive Gallery

Thread began 6/16/2010 11:54 am by rpgoulet72 | Last modified 6/17/2010 6:48 pm by Eric Mittman | 1388 views | 3 replies |

rpgoulet72

CMS Data Forms and Interactive Gallery

Hello, I just purchased WebAssist Site Sculptor. So far I am liking it.

I do however have questions. When in Dreamweaver I created a sitesculper site, got all my tabs the way I wanted as well as the colours. In two of they pages I selected interactive gallery and in another I left it blank because I want to insert a form.

In CMS for the gallery page I do not know how to add all the pages for the gallery.
For the form. I do not know how to create one using CMS. I see the button, but am lost after that.

Please help me someone.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

After you have created the site and have the pages on your server you should be able to login to the CMS admin area. From here you should be able to see the pages in the left navigation. You can update your gallery pages by selecting them and then click on the edit link for that area. The gallery page is just an html page with no dynamic code on it. So when you edit the page you are just editing the html that is on this page and the images.

For the form page you can create the page with the form in it in DW then add the code from the page into the CMS for that page. If the form needs any php or dynamic elements then you will need to apply it to the page itself within DW.

rpgoulet72

Thanks

Eric, form info makes sense to me.

The gallery, is still a little confusing. Do I have to create all the pages ahead in site sculptor and then once in CMS I just put one image per page? If that is the case, I did not do that. Can I insert pages in CMS?
I don't want to lose all my other content for the other pages of the site.

If I have to go back to site sculptor, can I just upload the gallery pages?

Eric Mittman

The gallery page is an individual page. If you would like to have multiple static versions of this page then you would need to add them to the contents with SiteSculptor. This however would require to you recreate the site.

I think it would be best to make the page a dynamic one based on a recordset, this way you could make use of the single page for many images. To do this you would need a table in your db with the information about the images including the file name. If the images are all in the same directory then you do not need to record this info. You could then add a recordset for this table to the page and use the repeat region to have it show one record at a time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...