close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

graphs display different on different monitors and various issues

Thread began 6/15/2010 11:19 am by mr hankey | Last modified 6/18/2010 1:54 pm by Eric Mittman | 1517 views | 5 replies |

mr hankey

graphs display different on different monitors and various issues

Hi,

Having a few issues with dynamic web charts.

1. When i run the wizard and choose dynamic even making sure its dynamic it still generates a static mon-fri graph.
2. in DW CS3 it produces the graph and when uploaded causes the browser to crash, it says a script is causing internet explorer to run slowly.
3. when generating the graph in DW CS4 the script slowing down issue is gone but when i display my chart in a widescreen monitor it is tiny no matter how much i change the width and height to, yet on older style (still flat screen) monitors it shows fine.

Any ideas why this is doing this? tried reinstalling, also having issues with UE4 in which it wont send emails, yet security assist will send emails and so will ADDT with same settings.

My extensions seem to be failing on me right at a crucial time. Can WA advise of any common issues and ways to resolve?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I'm not so sure that these issues are related, I would like to look into these one at a time with you. If you would like to work an issue out then move onto the next in the same thread that is ok or you can put new threads for the other issues that you have listed.

When it comes to making a static versus dynamic chart what are the steps you are taking to do this and what exactly does the result look like for the chart that should be dynamic versus what you are expecting? Please post back with this info so that we can look into this further.

mr hankey

hi eric,

with regards to the charts not producing the right graph, i can get around that just now by updating the data parser and data files with my query. still needs addressed as i have uninstalled and re installed but for moment i need to get the graphs displaying properly.

if i create one on my widescreen monitor with say size 800px by 500px it is really small and squashed looking, yet if i display it on an older style monitor flat screen but not widescreen its huge.

is there something wrong with dynamic web charts flash files that are making them do this?

do you have same thing at your end if you test?

thanks

Eric Mittman

I'm not able to reproduce this result with a chart. I created a chart on my pc that has a standard ratio monitor (square) and viewed it on my iMac with a widescreen display. I did not see any difference, the chart was displayed with the dimensions I specified in the properties area after adding it to the page. Do you have a link or any other way we can see this? Have you tried this on any other machine than the two in question or with different browsers?

mr hankey

tried on firefox and ie7 and ie8, it think its because my development machine is a 22" widescreen and so looks small and squashed on mine but when looked at on other monitors it looks ok.

maybe its something to do with the css code in my site as when i do it on a blank white page it seems a good size. i cant see any attributes that would be stopping it. its in a div content label, should that matter?

thanks

Eric Mittman

The chart is displayed from within a div on the page. You can alter the dimensions of this div to create different sized charts. If you have some css that is applied to this div it could have an effect on the size of it. In general if you are viewing the same page it should render the same even from different locations or machines.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...