close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

order number not appearing on email receipt

Thread began 6/15/2010 8:54 am by nick354316 | Last modified 8/11/2010 11:27 am by dlovas275157 | 2208 views | 6 replies |

nick354316

I am using Universal Email 4, and the order number is not being included in the email receipt to the customer.

When I open the Universal Email Server Behavior, there are two red exclamation marks next to the orders and order detail recordset (see attached). The recordsets are working properly, and I have read in your forums that Dreamweaver will sometimes insert the exclamation marks for 'no apparent reason.' I bring it up just in case that there might be a reason.

I have not edited the code on the email receipt page, so what is there was placed there by UE4 or eCart5. I don't know which created the original file, as both were installed at the time the cart was created.

Here is the section of the code with the order number info in it, from the 'confirm_WAUE_HTML_WA_Universal_Email_4.php' file.

<h2 style="font-size:medium; margin-bottom:7px; color:<Accent_1 />; /* Accent_1 */ " >Email Order Receipt</h2>
<h3 style="font-size:small; margin:2px 0; color:<Text_Dark />; /* Text_Dark */" >Order number: <?php echo ((isset($_SESSION["FQPWholesale_OrderID"]))?$_SESSION["FQPWholesale_OrderID"]:"")?></h3>
<p style="font-size:x-small; margin:2px 0; color:<Global_Gray />; /* Global_Gray */">&nbsp;</p>

Any help would be appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

With eCart the order should be stored into the db on the confirm page. The id for the record that is inserted is stored in a session variable. This same session variable should be what you see in the email receipt.

$_SESSION["FQPWholesale_OrderID"]

If this session variable is not being set you will not see it in the receipt, but if it is set then it should appear in the receipt. Do you know if your session variable that is created in the Store Order Summary server behavior is name like this? If you can post back with the confirm page minus the sensitive details in a zip archive I will take a look to see what I can find for you.

nick354316

Hi Eric - Attached is a copy of the confirm page. I checked the Store Order Summary, and the Order ID was not bound to the session value. I then added it, and an order number showed up on the next email receipt. The order number, however, was the first existing order number in the orders database and not the one it should have been. The next time I tried it, it was back to no order number on the email receipt again, so that did not resolve the problem.

I have seen an order number appear intermittently, say, 2 or 3 times in the approximately 100 test orders that I put through using the one administrator account, and the four visitor accounts I set up.

I hope you can help me with this problem, as it is the last remaing problems I have before I can upload the site to my client's server for testing and training.

The store is for taking orders only and does not have a payment gateway.

Attached Files
cfm.zip

Eric Mittman

It looks like there might be a code order issue on this page. Currently you have the email occurring immediately after the order is confirmed. Instead the order should be stored in the db so that the session variable can be set properly first. Once the variable has been set the email should contain the correct order number.

The email getting sent before the variable is set would account for what you are experiencing. If you had done more than one test you would be seeing the order id for the previous order rather than the current order. If the test was by itself you would probably not see any id

I have made an update to this page by moving the UE code to be just after the store order summary server behavior. Please give this a try to see if it resolves the problem.

Attached Files
confirm.zip

nick354316

Hi Eric - That did the trick. I am not a programmer, as is so painfully obvious, so your help means a lot. I didn't do anything to alter the code. I wonder why that happened? But it's working now, and that's all I care about at the moment. Thanks for your help and the quick response on this.

Eric Mittman

I'm curious about how the code got in this order myself. I can look into it further for you if you can post back with some of the settings you used when setting up the checkout wizard and the choices you made in there along with some info about your OS and DW version.

dlovas275157

I had the same problem. I did as Eric instructed:

1. Moved UE Send Email block of code to appear beneath the two blocks of code for
// WA eCart Store Cart Details in Db, and
// WA eCart Store Cart Summary in Db

That fixed it.

Thanks. - D

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...