close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Templates/Site Sculptor issue

Thread began 6/14/2010 5:07 pm by admin319652 | Last modified 6/17/2010 6:32 pm by Eric Mittman | 2911 views | 9 replies |

Jared Lui

Templates/Site Sculptor issue

I have another thread regarding issues with one of the WebAssist templates (MyCity100) but I think this is a bigger separate but related issue.

In trying to figure out Site Sculpture and getting nowhere, I decided to go very elementary. I created two HTML pages calling one 'main' and one 'content'. They both consist of three DIVs named 'menu', 'content', and 'footer'. To make them easy to see, I also created a small css file and gave the three DIVs background colors. In the three DIVs I gave a little bit of content for clarity (the menu i added a couple text links. Added a paragraph to the content page, and added copyright text to the footer).

I then saved these and the saved them again as template files. DW created a Templates folder and two new dwt files within it.

I then highlighted each DIV and created the Editable regions.

Then in Preset Manager I successfully created a new Site Design (I couldn't successfully get past this with the WebAssist template so am pretty sure there is a problem with that).

Moving on: using New Site Sculpture Site I went through all the steps to create a new site. I chose Consultant Professional and then selected my new site design. I did not mess with anything else. I could see my home page correctly in the little preview window and when I previewed the page it looked correct (albeit pretty ugly being a sparse test). However, when I clicked any of the links, I get a list of index page (not sure if this is expected or not).

Now the content page preview is all weird. There is no navigation at all (just the placeholder menu from the original template). Same with the footer. But the content area looks like it at least tried to do something as there is some Lorem Ipsum text links appearing.

Ignoring the issues I went ahead and created a blank database and clicked finish and let all the files get created them uploaded them to the server. Went through the CMS checks just fine and found myself on all logged in with a new admin (this is pretty slick).

However, the only thing I see when I go to the site is essentially my template home page. There is no menu. I cannot do anything at all. In the CMS when I click any of the files I can edit them fine but outside of CMS they are not built into my home page. Not only that, but only the menu and content editable regions are showing up. What happened to the footer editable region?

I saw a similar post below but the resolve was done through a help ticket so don't know what was done so sorry for the redundancy.

Here is the link to the admin part:
index.php

U/P: admin/passme

Let me know what else would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jared

Sign in to reply to this post

Jared Lui

Hello?

Could I please get a reply from WebAssist regarding this issue. From the posts I've read recently, there seems to either be a big problem with the extension or lack in documentation. Either way, I am not the only having issues with this and would like some help please.

Thanks in advance.
Jared

Eric Mittman

I can see that your page looks like it is using the place hold menu. Please post back with the templates that you used to create this design and let us know what CSS Menu Writer preset you used for the menu. I will check into this with your files to see if there is a problem somewhere or if there is a problem with the steps that are being taken. Along with this please also include a info about your OS and DW version.

Jared Lui

Thanks Eric,

Attached are the main and content files I used. I had to rename them from .dwt to .txt in order to attach them.

I used whatever the top menu was (Accent I believe).

I am using CS4 on a WinXP machine.

And I would not doubt that I am at fault and doing something wrong. I just don't know what as I am following all instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Jared

Attached Files
content.txt
main.txt

Eric Mittman

Post back with the .dwt files that you used to create the design in a zip archive and I will use your files to test this with. In the files you posted it just looks like a portion of an IM chat.

Jared Lui

Those are the correct files. The content area is just some text copied from a IM conversation. Like I said, I created bare minimum files to eliminate any confusion with extra code.

There is a editible region for a menu (with Home | About | Services | Contact as text).

A editable region for the content (that's the IM conversation).

And a editable region for the footer (it has some copyright info).

Everything else was generated by Dreamweaver and the WebAssist extensions.

Eric Mittman

In the txt files that you posted there is not html or template code, just the conversation. I need the .dwt files themselves with the code in order to create the site like you have.

Jared Lui

Whaaaat?

Okay, either I am going crazy, or I do not understand what you want from me.

I can click on the two links in this thread and see the HTML code just fine. To make sure, I sent my wife the link to this thread and asked her to click the two links. She sees the HTML code. I then asked a friend on Facebook to go to the thread and click the two links. They aslo see the HTML code.

Does anyone else reading this post not see any HTML code in the two text files attached above?

Jared Lui

Here is a zip file though. But I am sure if you can't see the HTML in the other files, this wont help.

Attached Files
template_files.zip

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the files, that was just what I was needing. I'm having some trouble with the creation of the site though and would like to do some additional testing. I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. To check the status of the ticket or update it login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...