close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Navigation in an imported site design template

Thread began 6/14/2010 4:21 pm by rmleczynski311091 | Last modified 7/13/2010 1:40 pm by Eric Mittman | 2413 views | 9 replies |

rmleczynski311091

Navigation in an imported site design template

I have designed pages in css sculptor and saved them as templates. I have tried importing them into site sculptor. The home page and the menu I have included show up as it looked when I imported that template. When I import the content page template with the same menu it does not show up on the content page in site sculptor. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in site sculptor? The menu I am including is a css menu writer preset menu.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

What are the steps that you are taking to create you new site design in Site Sculptor? You should start in the preset manager and create a new Site Sculptor Site Design. When you do this you should be able to select a CSS Sculptor preset or a template for the home and content pages. The templates should not have a Menu Writer menu on them, this is configured in the next step. Once you specify the template and the menu and areas for the home page you can do the same thing for the content page.

Please post back and detail the steps that you are taking and include the templates or presets that you are using for this.

rmleczynski311091

the steps you outlined are the steps I am taking with site sculptor. I am going to the preset manager adding it as a site design. I then use the dw template for the home page and add a menu from the dropdown list. I then follow the wizard and add the same menu from the dropdown list. It then shows the menu in the preview but when I build a site with it the menu require_once include is not in the finished site. If I use the css sculptor pages for a site design it works and puts the menu in all the pages. These pages from css sculptor are the ones that I am basing the templates on.

Attached Files
templatesused.zip

Eric Mittman

Thanks for posting the details. I was able to use your template files and create a new site design. When setting it up I choose the artists style menu and associated it with the top nav areas. I then associated the other regions with their similarly named area of the template.

In the end I created a site and the pages all include the menu without issue. On the content pages in split view I can see that the menu code has been added into the undeditable region of the template. I'm including a screen shot for reference.

Please post back and let me know if any steps are being performed differently for you when you get this result. What is the menu that you are selecting for the pages?

rmleczynski311091

When I import the templates into site sculptor and then try to put a menu (Midnight) into the left column on the content page it shows that it is there in preset manager, but when I save the pages and then try to build a site with them, the content page has no menu in the left column but the home page does have the menu.

Eric Mittman

I have create a new site design based on this info and I do not get the same result. I'm curious if there is an issue the preset that is created or with the way that it is used by the Site Sculptor wizard. Please post back with a copy of this site preset in a zip archive so that I can import it and create a site from it. This should let me know if the preset is the problem or if it is only when generating a site from it that is the problem.

rmleczynski311091

I am uploading the template and the Simple menu that was used. I tried to create a site without content management and the menu does not show up on the content template when the site is uploaded to a server. I am trying to have the menu in the left column.

Attached Files
ONcart.zip
simplemenu.zip

Eric Mittman

These appear to be presets for Site Sculptor and Menu Writer. I was able to extract the template files from the preset to work with them and it seems that I'm not able to get the menu to show on the content page. I even recreated the design with the templates and tried using just the home template for both the home and content page. I got the same result.

I'm opening a ticket for you on this issue so it can be looked into further. To check the status of your ticket or update it login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

rmleczynski311091

It seems that the issue has been resolved. You cannot have any other static content in the editable region you want to insert the menu.

Eric Mittman

Thanks for posting back after the issue was resolved. It is always very helpful to have this information go back in the original thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...