close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Activations

Thread began 6/14/2010 6:16 am by mail328276 | Last modified 6/15/2010 12:32 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2032 views | 7 replies |

mail328276

Activations

I am unable to use any of the Webassist applications because of a problem with your activation systems.

On starting, for example, Site Sculptor, the system tells me that I need to activate the product. This may be because for technical reasons I have had to temporarily remove the hard disk. When I access the WA site and reset activations the serial 'ticks the box' but then incorrectly tells me that I have no internet connection (please note that if this were true I'd not be able to write this message to you!).

Please advise urgently as I am currently unable to access any WA products as a result of this problem.

Sign in to reply to this post

mail328276

Further information while awaiting your response

I note that, in spite of my requesting a reset of the serial numbers for software that I have subscribed to (using the reset button on the WebAssist's web page), the serials given for Site Sculptor have not changed from the original. I have not checked any of the other extensions.

Please see the attached file for the (incorrect) error message given by the WebAssists Server.

Neil Beadle

Your serial numbers do not change when you reset activations. Instead, when you reset your activations, that serial number opens up again to be activated on two machines. Any machines that were previously activated using that serial number, will need to be activated again.

From what i can tell the activation service is working normally. Someone from Tech Support should be able to give you some more advice soon, but I'd recommend you check your firewall to see if it could be blocking access to the activation server.

-Neil

mail328276

Activations

Hi Neil,

The only thing that has changed is that it has been necessary to replace my motherboard twice since I subscribed. The first board was replaced on last Friday and this board was replaced today.

That may mean that the system sees the original board and its replacement as two activations and the third board has probably meant that your system has cried 'enough' or even 'too many!'

On the assumption that my motherboard is now stable please ask your technical people to take into account my explanation as to what has confused the otherwise functionality of your system. There is a strong argument here for multiple software subscribers to be given one serial for all products installed.

In the mean time I am unable to access any WA software because of activation restrictions.

Peter

kirk319254

Activation errors Site Sculptor

I to am having activation error for site sculptor.
When I originally installed it, it seemed to work fine.
But uninstalled and reinstalled it now activation not working.
Have had error to say have no internet connection or firewall/antivirus may be stopping it.
Tried several times and on one occassion had a 500 error on server database.

Please advise.

So that I can try this out.

Thank you,

Kirk

Jimmy Wu

We are experiencing a high amount of traffic on our servers, which may be causing the issue. If you wait an hour or two and try again, and still experience the same issue, please post back.

mail328276

Activations

Dear Jummy,

Thanks for fixing the problem.

Peter

Jimmy Wu

Great to hear its working. If you run into any additional issues, feel free to open a new thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...