close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Changing currency

Thread began 6/10/2010 11:06 pm by les179372 | Last modified 1/24/2011 7:51 am by MikeH | 4649 views | 9 replies |

les179372

Changing currency

I would like assistance on each page that currency symbols can be changed from $ to £. The pdf file is unclear. Can you please provide line by line instructions in the code where the amendments are required and how many $ symbols need changing. This way no mistakes are made.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

There has been a change in the policy regarding support of foreign currencies. Since editing the PowerStore files manually is considered a custom modification, we will no longer support users who want to change the currency symbol used in PowerStore. Those who are comfortable editing PHP code are free to make this modification themselves, but WebAssist Support will not be able to assist you.

showpost.php?p=62570&postcount=22

MikeH

Well I am a big fan of WA but this really is a bad move considering it was never sold as US only.

It just seems that by WA not making decent documentation for PS currency change it has caused lots of problems and complaints.

I for one will think twice before purchasing further from WA if policy change after the sale is going to become the normal just because you cannot handle the questions and complaints.

I guess this post will be removed or locked very quickly once the complaints start flooding in.

A long time supporter of WA very quickly losing the faith.

Eric Mittman

I misspoke in my last post about the policy, this is not a change in policy but just a clarification. We do not officially support currency updating within PowerStore, my apologies for any misunderstanding about my previous statement.

MikeH

Hi Eric
While I understand you do not make policy etc.. if it was not supported why was an atempt at documenting currency change made? (as I mentioned before I have done the changes but I do feel sorry for the others) .

So I guess if us non-US clients what to use ecart to make changes to shipping this would be unsupported too?

I understand you cannot spend all your support time helping people write custom code (I start my posts with "does anybody know how?") I certainly do not expect WA to spend time writing my code, why should they? You guys often help far too much in some cases but thats your choice problem is Powerstore is sold as a complete online store but it not mentioned anywhere that your left on your own if your not a US Client. It does say all the options to run your store are in the admin though..

So please when releasing new solutions make it clear to people if you are concentrating on your US clients only.

I hope that makes sense - BTW PowerStore is the only isue Ive had a problem with otherwise its been about 5 years without a moan.

Mike

Neil Beadle

Hey Mike,

See my responses to your questions below...

While I understand you do not make policy etc.. if it was not supported why was an attempt at documenting currency change made?  

In hindsight we realize that the tutorial probably caused more trouble than good. This was released in the hopes that it would accommodate for those that we could not provide support to. We realize the existence of the tutorial can confuse users into believing we will assist in making those changes so to avoid this confusion any further, the tutorial will be removed.

So I guess if us non-US clients what to use ecart to make changes to shipping this would be unsupported too?  

Since you will be using eCart to make a change to the eCart behaviors in PowerStore, we will absolutely support you. It is hand coding and custom changes that will not be supported. We will even support you in using eCart to change the currency symbol and currency format on the checkout pages, but that won't change the symbols on the other PowerStore pages.

You guys often help far too much in some cases but thats your choice problem is Powerstore is sold as a complete online store but it not mentioned anywhere that your left on your own if your not a US Client. It does say all the options to run your store are in the admin though.  

For that exact reason we provide the feature list and demo of our solutions. We cannot list all the features that do not exist in the product, and we do not want to deter developers who are capable of making these types of customizations from taking advantage of this product. You can see in the demo that there are not any settings for changing currency.

I hope that makes sense - BTW PowerStore is the only issue Ive had a problem with otherwise its been about 5 years without a moan.  

Glad to hear it. We try to accommodate for as many customers as possible, but with the number of products that we are working on, we cannot always create a product that does everything anyone wants it to do.

With that said, please send any additional comments/question regarding this policy to our feedback form: submit-idea.php.

-Neil

MikeH

Thanks for your complete reply Neil.

Mike

kelly.lucas.3335626

you've got to be kidding

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  There has been a change in the policy regarding support of foreign currencies. Since editing the PowerStore files manually is considered a custom modification, we will no longer support users who want to change the currency symbol used in PowerStore. Those who are comfortable editing PHP code are free to make this modification themselves, but WebAssist Support will not be able to assist you.

showpost.php?p=62570&postcount=22  

You know, before I bought PowerStore for my UK client, I called you guys specifically about this. I did not want to buy something that would not work for my client, and gues what..... the person I spoke with told me "oh just modify the css"!

Give me a break.

I am a bit perturbed by this.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you remember who you talked to? Modifying the css isn't even a step in updating currency support. I'm very surprised that anyone might have given that advice.

We are currently working on a free update to include currency specification support for UK, Australia, and Canada, but it won't be available for several weeks yet.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

MikeH

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  We are currently working on a free update to include currency specification support for UK, Australia, and Canada, but it won't be available for several weeks yet.  

Wow Ray now that should enhance your sales and your customer satisfaction rating.

Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...